Join a successful technology/financial company and work with a mission-critical high performance trading platform.
Practice and develop DevOps principals including CI/CD, infrastructure-as-code. Build/Improve our automation and processes for the provision of Linux server infrastructure and web and middleware services.
Exposure to a wide -range of modern web technologies.
Deliver high quality production and test platforms to an ever evolving business, supporting regular agile releases. Develop technical solutions to problems and evolve IG’s platforms and toolsets. Incident escalation and Problem resolution. Service requests and project work, including new applications or websites. Automate processes, test code, release changes Use configuration management tools, such as Puppet, to define and deploy the infrastructure. Support, deploy and patch numerous technologies from operating system through web and middleware containers. Work with our developers and third parties to deliver new features, products and services. Follow best practices and ensure to that our websites and platforms are optimally delivered. Plan for future capacity. The role includes a shift rota. You will also be required to participate in the out-of hours on-call roster.
Experience & Skills
We are looking for the following core skills:
- 3-4 years supporting Linux based platforms, Red Hat experience and tooling is highly desirable (Installation, configuration, RPM packaging, performance tuning)
- Virtualisation (ESX, AWS, Docker, others)
- Storage experience (NetApp, Nimble)
- Routing and High Availability configuration and troubleshooting (Apache / Vagrant, proxies and load balancers including F5 LTM platforms)
- Advanced Puppet configuration management (Hiera, MCollective, Exported Resources, Custom Types and Providers) (or evidence of extensive experience of equivalent technology such as Chef, Ansible, Salt etc.)
- Strong Scripting and Automation (Shell, one of Ruby, Python, or Perl)
- Git/Subversion version control environments.
- Solid understanding of networking and network troubleshooting.
- A strong understanding of systems security and hardening methodologies.
We are interested in individuals that are subject matter experts in one or several of the following areas: -
Redhat Enterprise Linux (Specialist)
RHCE / RHCT certified, SELinux, Kickstart, Satellite, Advanced Storage, AD authentication integration, Monitoring (OpenView, Check_mk/Nagios, AppDynamics) Performance troubleshooting and kernel tuning techniques for low latency platforms
Front-end and Websites
Akamai CDN, Apache, F5/ha_proxy, Varnish, Squid, Lightstreamer, Adobe Experience Manager, Drupal, Web Performance. Middleware Application Servers
Weblogic, Tomcat, Terracotta, Zookeeper, Redis, Virgo, Application Routing/Smart Stack, Java Performance Tuning Messaging
FioranoMQ, ActiveMQ, Kafka, MRG. Deployment and Tooling Development
Puppet Master, Puppet DB, Forman, Stash, Continuous Delivery, Jenkins, Sinatra, Redis, MCollective Agents, Custom Coded solutions.
We are looking for a bright, driven, flexible, self-starting, enthusiastic team-player who will be willing and able to help colleagues; articulate communication skills; delivery conscious and flexible to changing priorities and requirements. They will appreciate both the need to automate and the complexities in doing so. They will have had experience of developing solutions to operations problems awareness of tools and techniques of quality code production, such as unit tests, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
They will have production experience of supporting complex real-world latency-critical platforms, or other major internet commerce platforms.
We are looking for someone with the right attitude for IG: -
- Loves web technologies and operations.
- Eager to learn new technologies, tools and techniques.
- Interested in DEVOPS and a believer in automation.
- Pragmatic approach to balancing different work priorities such as incidents, requests and projects.
- Proactive in improving the environments around them.
- Takes direction and enjoys working to shared team goals.
- Proud of their achievements and keen to improve further
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Clear evidence of personal achievements in CV (preferably) or covering letter.
- Excellent Communication (Listening, speaking, transmission of concepts with/without examples, etc.)
- Calm under pressure.
The successful candidate will be able to relate to the statements above and give examples that back them up. We believe that understanding what someone has achieved in previous roles is important in understanding how they approach their work and ultimately how they will fit at IG.