Cloud Engineer (Krakow, Poland) (22 000 - 28 000 PLN net/month - B2B)
Who We Are
Founded in 2017, Unit8 is a fast-growing Swiss AI and data analytics company dedicated to solving complex problems of traditional industries like automotive, chemical, finance, manufacturing and pharma. We work with some of the biggest organisations in the world to solve the challenges that directly affect their business, be it operations, finance, manufacturing or R&D. Since our foundation, we have successfully delivered more than 55 projects.
Unit8’s mission is to drive the adoption of AI and Data Science in the non-digital industries and to help accelerate their digital transformation. Among its activities, Unit8 dedicates a part of its resources and time on projects that deeply matter to us - that includes collaboration on pro-bono and “engineering for good” cases.
Are You the team member we are looking for?
Unit8 is looking for a Cloud Engineer to join our team in Poland. You will be part of diverse project teams and will partner with other engineers and data scientists to deliver data applications and solutions.
- You are a professional software engineer with good knowledge of Computer Science and at least one widely adopted programming language (for instance Python, Java).
- You have a strong experience in Cloud development and architecture on one of the following platforms: AWS, Azure or GCP.
- You have experience in system architecture and administration with a strong focus on security best practices.
- You are passionate about your domain and you like to introduce new improvements that make sense and are pragmatic for your users.
- You are knowledgeable about automation tools like Ansible, and you are familiar with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools such as CircleCI, Jenkins or Bamboo.
- Your are ready to tackle new areas and challenges i.e. building AI & Data Science stack, setting up MLOps or scaling up Unit8’s internal tools.
- You understand the value of teamwork.
- You are outcome-focused and you have a service-oriented mindset
- You are eligible to register as sole trader (self-employment) in Poland.
What You’ll do
At Unit8 we build a wide range of applications for our clients in various industries, as well as internal tools, each with their own set of challenges. In general, you will:
- Design, propose and maintain Data & Cloud architectures in close collaboration with the key stakeholders.
- Audit projects in terms of security or functionality gaps. Suggesting and tracking improvements.
- Automate various tasks to improve efficiency and shorten release time.
- Tackle new areas and challenges i.e. AI & Data Science stack.
- Be responsible for managing and maintaining internal infrastructure.
What We offer
- Work on client projects that have a concrete impact on their business.
- Exposure to a wide variety of projects, industries, and technologies. Each client is different
- Ability to contribute to internal open-source projects like Darts (https://github.com/unit8co/darts) or building our own MLOps platform.
- Tailor-made mentorship programme.
- Learning activities such as ML and Engineering Knowledge Sharing Groups.
- 10% of paid time for self-development.
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing service company with a start-up atmosphere.
- Work with an international team made of more than 15 nationalities.
- Cross offices/company-wide frequent events (off-site or on-line).
- Fun Fund to spend with the team on after-work activities.
- Compensation package including base salary and profit sharing based on the performance of the company
- 30 paid days off.
- Extended parental leave conditions.
- Self-employment flexibility linked with B2B contract - PL.