We are looking for:
join the Rocket Lawyer core team based in Kraków, Poland
About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to simple and affordable legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 3 million legal documents, and answer over 30,000 legal questions. We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen
before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate QA Engineer who wants to work in a fast-paced, dynamic agile environment with a talented product development team, based in our Krakow office. As part of a team consisting of a product manager, UX designer, and 4-5 engineers, QA Engineers are active partners in the specification of new functionality by helping to clarify acceptance criteria with concrete examples. They provide quick feedback with automated acceptance tests, exploratory testing, and non-functional testing techniques to ensure that the feature will meet the need of the customer.
- Passionate about testing and quality
- Clear and precise in face-to-face and written communication
- Quality first mindset and low tolerance to imperfections
- Results-oriented and positive team-oriented attitude
- Takes initiative. Doesn’t wait around to be assigned tasks
- Make test results visible to help elicit a collective decision
- Leverages automation to provide quick feedback and deliver
- Obsessively organized
- Great analytical skills to evaluate test results
- Quick learner. Asks questions to clarify user story acceptance criteria
- Die-hard learner on everything related to testing
- Constantly upgrading skills by exploring new tools and techniques
- Drives and collaborates with cross-functional team on acceptance test scenarios.
- Ensures that test effort is factored into story estimation during sprint planning session. Refines and adds test scenarios as the feature is being developed.
- Fills out clear step definitions for new scenario steps.
- Includes negative, cross-browser, boundary condition tests, load, security, and edge cases as needed.
- Automates acceptance tests.
- Manually executes tests, as needed.
- Proactively monitors, triages, and updates automated tests as the product evolves.
- Performs exploratory testing, as needed.
- Logs bug reports with clear, repeatable steps; escalates when necessary.
- Keeps stakeholders updated on testing progress and feature quality concerns.
- Creates tests to monitor critical functionality in production.
- Leads investigation into customer-reported issues.
- Identifies improvements to automated tests to reduce false positives.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field
- 4 years of experience as a test engineer in an agile environment
- 2 years of Java programming experience as a software engineer, software automation engineer, technical quality engineer, or related field
- Demonstrated expertise with at least 3 or the following test tools and frameworks: Selenium, Cucumber. Rest Assured, Appium, JDBC.
- Deep understanding of the functional aspects of web and RESTful applications, e.g., browser cookies, URLs and HTTP methods
- Hands-on experience with CI tools (e.g. Jenkins), bug tracking tools (e.g. JIRA), source control
(e.g. GitHub), IDEs (e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ), test case management tools (e.g. Hiptest)
- Working knowledge of basic SQL to fetch and verify data from a database
- Solid understanding of automation best practices, and agile testing methodologies