The main purpose of this role is to lead a team of Software Developers within Ocado Technology division, delivering business value whilst maintaining high morale, managing the day to day activities in an efficient and professional manner, constantly optimizing team processes and aiding development of team members.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead a team of software developers in the creation of high quality software.
- Actively contribute to the process of continuous improvement, with regard to self, team and systems.
- Effectively manage team members in line with company policy and procedures, including performance, development, conflict resolution and ongoing feedback.
- Build and promote a positive working environment for the teams within your area as well as other business areas you engage with. Inspire and motivate team members.
- Assume a high level of ownership for all work developed by members of the team.
- Know each member of your team, their strengths, weaknesses and effectiveness.
- Work closely with other team leaders and development teams where necessary to create software that is cohesive.
- Work closely with Product Owner and business stakeholders to understand the business process and actively participate in delivering software solutions for business needs.
- Develop and implement IT standards and procedures to aid delivery of high quality software. Ensure that all developers within the team understand and follow existing standards / procedures.
- Experience with leading a team of software developers including performance, development and conflict resolution issues.
- Experience in full software development lifecycle from design to deployment.
- A proven track record of developing high quality software to business specification whilst understanding processes and requirements.
- Experience using SCRUM and other Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrable Java programming ability with in-depth understanding of underpinning techniques.
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or similar technical degree.
- Permanent Contract
- Multi Sport Card
- Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Lunch Vouchers
- Training and Development opportunities
Equal opportunity employer
Ocado are an equal opportunities employer and as such make every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.