At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can.
Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
Join us as a Senior Java Developer!
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience.
- Must be proficient in the Java language (preferably versions 8+), Java EE & core libraries.
- High proficiency in development practices: unit testing, Continuous Integration, refactoring, clean code.
- Good understand of Java Design Patterns and OO Design.
- Experience in developing REST web services in Java.
- Proficiency in RDBMS concepts and SQL.
- Knowledge of Spring, Spring MVC and Spring Boot.
- Strong hands on experience with Angular/React, HTML5, CSS3 and related web technologies
- Experience with encapsulating RESTful API calls in front-end apps
- Experience with: Hibernate, JPA, JMS, JTA, Junit, Jenkins, SVN, Git, Maven.
- Ability to configure/install web applications (experience with WebSphere, Tomcat, or similar containers).
- Working experience with Angular, CSS and HTML
- Understanding application deployment procedures.
- Ability to adapt at Scrum/Agile methodologies.
- Ability to interpret and troubleshoot applications using logs.
What We Offer:
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Various additional benefits including professional training and qualification support
- Subsidised cafeteria
- Contracts for an indefinite period of time with no probation period
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Design and development of application functionality which meets business requirements with high quality within given deadlines.
- Developing maintainable, well-documented application functionality with an eye toward standardization, common components, simplicity, performance, robustness and other attributes of enterprise-strength solutions.
- Contributing technical expertise to defining application requirements in collaboration with business analysts, business representatives and others. You must be able to streamline as well as record requirements, perform gap analysis and offer functionality options where appropriate.
- Creating proofs of concept or prototypes if required; contributing to technical design of applications; contributing to database / data model design.
- Helping to identify coding patterns and anti-patterns and enforce implementation of the patterns through code reviews.
- Quickly resolving issues encountered by business lines in the production environment, maintaining a helpful, "high touch" approach to working with business users, performing root cause analysis, technology evaluation, and performance tuning.