Cyber Security Senior Project Manager
Our Cyber Security Team
It’s no secret that our intellectual property is critical to our success. In order to secure our ideas and designs, our customer and employee personal data, and to protect operations from cyber-crime, Dyson’s global Cyber Security and IT Risk group works effectively to keep our secrets secret and secure our crown jewels, using advanced technologies to stay one step ahead of the game.
We have a continuous focus on transforming and managing all aspects of security - including architecture, engineering, technology risk management, cyber operations, end user security and project delivery. We invest heavily in new security capabilities (technology, processes and people) and leverage our strong cyber ecosystems to tackle future threats.
Product Design, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, eCommerce and Enterprise IT Systems are at the beating heart of Dyson’s cyber defence priorities. We play a key role in ensuring the successful design and delivery of exciting new business and security projects, and that our controls and security platforms remain effective and compliant. Furthermore, our cyber operations capabilities are delivered on a global 24x7 basis from our strategic locations across the US, UK / Europe, India, Singapore and China.
Cyber Security Transformation plays a key role in our cyber team, and is responsible for delivering a range of complex change programmes across Dyson. This Job Description relates to the Cyber Security Senior Project Manager role, which is a critical position in this function.
We are looking for a proficient Cyber Security Project Manager to manage a wide range of cyber security projects, and assist in coordinating aspects of larger programmes. The successful candidate will align resources, manage project risks, address project issues promptly and conduct project meetings, ensuring a smooth and timely completion of projects.
About the Role
Our organization is seeking a seasoned and strategic Cyber Security Senior IT Project Manager to lead and oversee major change initiatives – encompassing people, process and technology. In this position, you will be tasked with guiding projects from initial conception to successful completion while ensuring alignment with our organizational objectives. As a senior leader in our organization, you will also be responsible for fostering professional growth within your team, offering guidance and mentorship to junior project managers and team members.
- Lead and manage medium / large scale projects, ensuring their successful execution within defined scope, timelines, and budget.
- Maintain high quality throughout the project lifecycle by incorporating industry best practices and adherence to industrial standards.
- Act as a mentor for junior project managers and team members, promoting their professional development.
- Foster an inclusive and collaborative work environment that encourages innovation and continuous improvement.
- Proactively manage risks and issues, devising effective mitigation strategies and solutions.
- Optimize project management processes and work towards their continuous improvement by recognizing potential areas for enhancement.
- Stay updated on industry best practices, emerging trends, and advancements in project methodologies, tools, and frameworks.
- Manage supplier relationships, ensuring adherence to project best practices.
- Monitor service delivery performance metrics and liaise with stakeholders to plan for potential service deterioration and/or breaches of service level agreements.
- Define and manage scoping, requirements definition, and prioritisation activities for small-scale changes, while assisting with more complex change initiatives.
- Elicit and document detailed requirements in accordance with agreed standards, providing constructive challenge to stakeholders as required.
- Manage and apply authorised requests for changes to base-lined requirements, in accordance with change management policy.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Proven experience in managing large-scale cyber security projects from initiation to completion
- Minimum of 10 years of experience leading and delivering large-scale cyber security programmes
- Track record of delivering all aspects of cyber security transformation – including technology, processes, and culture
- Excellent understanding of key cyber security technologies
- Experience of leading the implementation of cyber security technologies and capabilities – including Security Operations, SIEM platforms, threat intelligence and vulnerability management
- Experience of cyber security project delivery in a large-scale retail, manufacturing or IT organisation would be a distinct advantage
- Extensive knowledge of project management methodologies, tools, and frameworks.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven ability to mentor and develop team members.
- Excellent risk management skills; ability to proactively address complex project issues.
- Experience in supplier management and stakeholder communication.
- Exceptional skills in process optimization and continuous improvement.
- Proficiency in scoping, requirements definition, and prioritization.
- Solid understanding of service delivery performance metrics.
- Experience in managing changes to base-lined requirements.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Certification in Project Management (PMP, PRINCE2, etc.) will be an added advantage.
- Performance related bonus
- Life Assurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Pension scheme with competitive employer contributions
- Recognition Program
- Holiday Allowance
- Free fruit delivered for office staff, free coffee and tea
- Cafeteria Benefit – wellness programme, cinema tickets, Multisport card etc.
- Dyson on-site canteen with discount meals for employees
- Medical: Employee cover + opportunity to buy additional cover for family
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Reimbursement for costs of eyeglasses (every 2 years)