IT Project Coordinator
Our Cyber Security Team
It’s no secret that our intellectual property is critical to our success. In order to secure our ideas and designs, our customer and employee personal data, and to protect operations from cyber-crime, Dyson’s global Cyber Security and IT Risk group works effectively to keep our secrets secret and secure our crown jewels, using advanced technologies to stay one step ahead of the game.
We have a continuous focus on transforming and managing all aspects of security - including architecture, engineering, technology risk management, cyber operations, end user security and project delivery. We invest heavily in new security capabilities (technology, processes and people) and leverage our strong cyber ecosystems to tackle future threats.
Product Design, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, eCommerce and Enterprise IT Systems are at the beating heart of Dyson’s cyber defence priorities. We play a key role in ensuring the successful design and delivery of exciting new business and security projects, and that our controls and security platforms remain effective and compliant. Furthermore, our cyber operations capabilities are delivered on a global 24x7 basis from our strategic locations across the US, UK / Europe, India, Singapore and China.
Cyber Security Transformation plays a key role in our cyber team, and is responsible for delivering a range of complex change programmes across Dyson. This Job Description relates to the IT Project co-ordinator role, which is a critical position in this function.
About the Role
We are seeking a meticulous, energetic, and results-driven IT Project Coordinator to join our dynamic team. The IT Project Coordinator will play a crucial role in supporting our project coordination efforts by meticulously tracking project progress, facilitating clear and timely communication among team members, and acting as a liaison between various stakeholders. This role requires strong project management, risk management, and documentation skills.
- Project Management: Coordinate various project activities ensuring all deliverables are completed within the agreed time, cost, and resource constraints. This involves scheduling and leading meetings, tracking project progression, and maintaining open and informed communication with all stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Risk Management: Aid in identifying and mitigating potential project risks. This involves monitoring the overall health and success of projects and collaborating closely with stakeholders to manage potential risks effectively.
- Budget Tracking: Track project budgets with precision and control using tools like Planview. Collaborate closely with Finance, Procurement, and other key approvers to manage PO and Capex processes effectively.
- Documentation: Maintain and track essential project documentation, including risk reports, Project Status Reports (PSR), and stage gate documents. Keep all project-related documentation up-to-date and easily accessible to relevant parties.
- Reporting: Assist in the preparation of comprehensive project reports, providing crucial updates on project status, resource utilization, risks, and other key information to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Workload Management: Handle non-critical tasks and activities with medium/low priority, supporting Project Managers (PMs) in their roles, thereby ensuring effective workload management and efficient project delivery.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies – planning, risk management, financial planning
- Experience of working in cyber security preferable but not essential
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Knowledge of IT industry standards and best practices.
- Familiarity with SFIA (Skills Framework for the Information Age) standards.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in using project management tools
- Ability to work effectively under guidance and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of project financials, including PO and Capex processes, would be an advantage.
This role aligns with industry standards for IT Project Coordinators and is comparable to similar roles in the IT industry where effective project management, risk mitigation, and documentation skills are highly valued.
- Performance related bonus
- Life Assurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Pension scheme with competitive employer contributions
- Recognition Program
- Holiday Allowance
- Free fruit delivered for office staff, free coffee and tea
- Cafeteria Benefit – wellness programme, cinema tickets, Multisport card etc.
- Dyson on-site canteen with discount meals for employees
- Medical: Employee cover + opportunity to buy additional cover for family
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Reimbursement for costs of eyeglasses (every 2 years)