Senior Devops Engineer Atlassian
We continue to scale our software development toolchain as we expand and grow from a project and people perspective. If you are passionate about how to enable lean agile software development practices which can help to build the best products and relish the challenge of using those techniques in a complex environment where mechanics, software, electronics, and machine learning meet, then we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the Software Tools & Process Manager, this key role will help us define and develop software solutions for our development tools and services within our overall SW development environment. The number of our software developers is growing and the user base of our development toolchain in Dyson is growing steadily, with over 2000 active users. The use of Atlassian applications, Sonarqube, TestRail, BlackDuck, Artifactory and other tools is continually expanding to support our scaled agile development model across all sectors of the business. Our SW development environment must be kept up to date with the latest tools and services that support our product delivery & business processes, as well as drive continuous improvement within existing processes and solutions.
About the role
- You will help to deliver world class technical solutions within a global team that supports the Software organisation across multiple sites in Poland, UK & SEA.
- Taking a proactive approach in the generation of ideas; present ideas and concepts to senior management & help make informed decisions by interpreting complex data to drive direction.
- You will participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and exploration of solution alternatives.
- Leading technical delivery of requirements into tested code and application configurations to agreed standards using agreed build methods, teaching, and guiding others where necessary.
- Take an active role to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly & validated through appropriate test methods.
- Own/contribute to team/departmental level initiatives & change projects.
- Technical accountability of software development tools/application configuration and deployment of solutions & build pipelines.
Qualifications & skills
- Application admin experience for leading applications and services; including Atlassian Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket/Bamboo, BlackDuck, Sonarqube, Artifactory, TestRail, Grafana.
- Working knowledge of Python/Bash, Docker, Docker-compose/swarm & software development best practices.
- Advanced experience with Linux operating systems (RHEL/Ubuntu) & Windows Server/Windows OS.
- Administration experience of MS SQL / PostgreSQL databases.
- Familiarity with DNS, DHCP, VLANs, Firewalls.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Proxies and Reverse Proxies/web servers: Apache, Nginx, Tomcat.
- Experience with vSphere Enterprise/ESXi stand-alone hypervisors.
- Working knowledge of Open Source Configuration, Ansible, Version Control - Git/SVN Working.
- Experience of project design within applications that are integrated with each other.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident presenting your work and representing the team at all levels.
- You’ll be able to build consensus with stakeholders to ensure we deliver what our customers and the wider business needs.
- You’ll have a breadth of product & technical knowledge to support an integrated delivery approach.
- Able to communicate and report on complex technical issues at all levels.
- Clear focus and drive for delivery – you’ll be able to find and maintain focus and priority in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Curious, inventive, and creative - be prepared to solve tough problems and look beyond convention.
- Effective communicator - concise and timely communication, managing facts and emotion.
- Self-starter and able to drive early concepts through to production.
- Global collaborator & mentor - open minded to ideas from other perspectives and helping others in the team.
- Resilient - prepared to be challenged and thrive in change.
We would love it if you also had:
- A passion for software development and the tools and services needed to enable that.
- An appreciation of using Agile techniques in large teams (Less, SAFe etc.).
- Knowledge of software scanning tools like Sonarqube, BlackDuck, Ceedling.
- An interest in extracting data and answers with tools like; Elastic Search, Grafana, Splunk, Tableau, SQL Python scripts etc.
- Experience with a major cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with monitoring/observability platforms: Prometheus, Grafana LGTM stack
- Scripting with any of powershell, python or groovy