Billions of dollars worth of trading volume are transacted through OANDA’s platforms every day.
Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge. In 2001 we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets.
The Back-End Trading Tools Developer is responsible for building and maintaining the middleware layer between a web application and backend systems, which is used by OANDA’s
Trading team to configure and operate OANDA’s FX and CFD trading platform.
- Design and development scalable, responsive middleware application.
- Write reusable, testable, efficient, correct code.
- Contribute to the specifications, design, build and test phases of development.
- Work closely with the Trading team for requirements gathering, usability testing, and operational support for the web application.
- Review other developer’s code to ensure high-quality standards are met.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- 3+ years experience developing Java 11
- Strong knowledge of Spring Framework
- Experience using GraphQL
- Experience integrating with RESTful clients
- Understanding of Aspect-Oriented Programming
- Understanding of cloud technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Solid foundation in computer science
- Understanding of resilient, highly-available applications
- Familiarity with one or more of the following technologies:
- Spring Boot, Spring Reactor, Spring Aspects
- Jenkins continuous integration
- Google Stackdriver