We are looking for:
Back-End Software Engineer
join the Rocket Lawyer core team based in Kraków, Poland.
About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to simple and affordable legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 3 million legal documents, and answer over 30,000 legal questions.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
We’re searching for an experienced, passionate software engineer who wants to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a talented agile team. As part of a cross-functional team consisting of a product manager, designer, and 4-6 software engineers and QA analysts, the senior software engineer is an active partner in the design, coding, unit testing, and release of new features and enhancements for our growing customer base.
A Day in the Life
- Participate in defining our evolving global platform architecture
- Design and build world-class software components, including services, APIs, tooling, documentation
- Give feedback to and proactively seek it from your peers and stakeholders
- Work with DevOps team to ensure smooth deployment
- Demonstrate your work to internal and external audiences
- Be active within the wider engineering community
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in high-growth technology environments
- Strong command of Java and OO design and principles
- Strong understanding and experience with Scala and functional programming
- Strong understanding of microservices architecture
- Experience with containers and container orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience designing and developing RESTful services/APIs
- Experience working with RabbitMQ, Tomcat, and MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Practiced test-driven development utilizing unit testing frameworks and automated testing tools
- Experience working in an agile/iterative environment
- Experience with git
- Must be proactive, self-sufficient, thorough and organized
- Demonstrated success working with small, collaborative cross-functional teams
Nice to have
- Experience with software globalization, internationalization and localization
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Redis and HBase
- Familiarity with Jenkins and Chef