We have come a long way since our first currency feed 24 years ago. We are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from tech start-ups to global corporations. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, allowing forex and CFD investors to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions.
Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
You’re looking for an opportunity to work with great people in energetic and open company culture, to make your mark with a young, Agile team that is re-shaping the future of data and analytics at OANDA. You enjoy collaborating across many different disciplines within a company to help drive towards a common goal. You’re as passionate about engineering an efficient solution to a technical problem as you are at measuring and driving high-level impact to the business. You’re naturally curious about what makes a company succeed; to you, data is not just the answer, but a means to asking more questions.
● Develop data-oriented solutions working with Big Data and relational databases in order to solve complex business problems leading to data-driven decision making
● Partner closely with a cross-section of the company including Strategy, Business Development, Marketing, Sales, Trading, Finance and Compliance, to answer high-level business questions and gain insights from the data you help to collect and manage
● Perform data analysis and modelling, create reporting and visualizations and educate the company on your findings
● Influence the company’s strategic direction by enabling our business leaders to make data-driven decisions
● Support the activities related to the collection, review, cleansing and reporting of data as well as end-user adoption of our BI applications across the organization
● Develop data-integration processes to integrate disparate datasets into a cohesive data model in support of BI and Analytics requirements
● Participate in planning sessions with key stakeholders to develop use cases and requirements for data-driven analytical solutions
● Create rapid prototypes with team members leveraging Big Data, traditional database technologies and alternative solutions
● Help maintain OANDA’s White-Knight standard in the Forex Trading industry through Compliance initiatives
● Identify and apply statistical and advanced analytical methods with customer teams enabling action-oriented results
● Implement necessary processes and tools to ensure process maturity and best practices are followed
● Lead design discussions as it relates to business intelligence and database solutions and drive decisions through to completion
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
● 5+ years post-graduate experience working with relational databases, SQL, data modelling
● Experience in data gathering, data analysis, conceptual and logical models, physical data design and dealing with large, complex datasets
● Worked at other FinTech companies and have a background in Finance as an asset
● Experience in Python, Google Cloud/BigQuery/BigData technologies as an asset
● Familiarity with BI reporting with excellent customer-centric skills
● Worked with enterprise business intelligence platforms like Domo, Tableau or MicroStrategy as an asset
● Post-graduate experience developing Java/C++ applications with demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering design principles
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.