Join the game-changers
You have an exceptional opportunity to join the greenfield project team as a developer for our TastyTrade US-based business.
You will participate in a startup-type project team within a well-established and stable financial services company.
Who we are
We’ve been at the forefront of trading innovation since 1974, taking on the challenge to deliver an unmatched experience for our clients and raise the bar for tomorrow’s opportunities. Today, we’re a global fintech company incorporating the IG, tastylive, IG Prime, Spectrum, and DailyFX brands, with a presence in 20 countries across five continents and over 400 000 active clients worldwide. But we know our success is only possible because of our people, who we encourage and empower to be brave, determined, and inventive.
Join us if you’d like to work in an inclusive, collaborative team that will recognize your talent and allow it to shine.
Where you’ll work
As part of our hybrid working environment, you’ll split your time between home and the office. In this way, you’ll be able to enjoy a better work-life balance and always bring your best self to your role.
At the office, you’ll have access to everything you’d expect from a world-class employer, such as a modern working environment, agile spaces, private quiet rooms, and breakout areas. Plus, all our offices are located in iconic city centres, close to everything you might need for a rewarding working experience.
- Work from home and the office (hybrid working)
- Home office equipment reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
- Online stretching sessions
- Online wellbeing weeks
- Online social events
- Depending on the pandemic situation – summer parties
In the office:
Come to work in a comfortable, state-of-the-art office containing all the things you need to succeed. Each of us works from laptops, at agile, ergonomic workstations designed to support our roles. Our spacious, open-plan offices provide a modern, dynamic setting for you to excel. On top of current benefits employees may enjoy here:
- Free fresh fruits and coffee club
- App-based parking spots booking system
- Bike parking and shower
- Games: Foosball and ping-pong table, consoles, and board games
- Annual parties - summer picnic and Christmas party
- Other social events
How you’ll grow
Your personal and professional development is important to us. As a company that’s constantly redefining the boundaries of possibility, we’ll challenge you to push yourself, accelerate your ambitions and rise to new levels of excellence. We know that’s a big ask, so we’ll make sure that you’re supported all the way, getting the backing you need and the recognition you deserve. If you connect with our vision and can get behind it, you’ll be rewarded with countless opportunities to experience new things and enhance your abilities.
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- Private medical cover for you and your family (Medicover)
- Multikafeteria system (you can choose a multisport card, vouchers, etc.)
- Life insurance (Generali)
- Comprehensive global and local onboarding process – to the company and your role
- Employee-led LGBTQ+, Women’s, Black, and Parents & Carers networks with an annual budget for organizing events & projects that foster an open, diverse and inclusive culture
- Option to participate and create ESG initiatives based on IG Brighter Future Fund
- 2 additional days off a year for voluntary work
- 1 additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
Who you are
You’re upbeat and enthusiastic, and you have an open mind and a curious, can-do attitude. You, like us, understand the importance of collaboration and are driven to be the best in what you do. You embody our three core values – to champion the client, learn fast together, and raise the bar. You want to be part of a proudly carbon-neutral company that will prioritize your well-being and that of the world around you, helping to create a brighter future for all. A company that embraces diversity and welcomes everyone with respect, regardless of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, identification, faith, or culture. If you’re inspired by our way of working and can bring something new to our team of top-notch people, then you’ll find a home here.
You will need
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment of creativity and experimentation, but be responsible for good engineering practices and care
- Java knowledge - you know you are a talented programmer and love writing clean code
- Ability to create event-driven services using Java and Kafka/KSQLDB
- Ownership – able to take responsibility
- Initiative – able to offer constructive ideas and take the appropriate action
- A pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Good attention to detail is needed when working within a complex financial domain
- Drive, motivation, and a strong desire for personal improvement
- Good communication skills - able to collaborate with business stakeholders as well as developers and technical architects across the IG enterprise
- Experience in frontend technologies and knowledge of JS ecosystem in nice to have
- Technology Stack and Tools:
- Java8/11, Kafka, KSqlDB, Avro/JSON, Linux VM, Oracle DB, Splunk, Grafana, AppDynamics, AWS, REST, Junit, Flink, Vertx, Kubernetes, Docker
From the team:
We are using greenfield projects to serve as an educational and proving ground for the technology and ecosystem. We explore and adopt new technologies wherever there is a competitive advantage to be gained. We embrace and support healthy DevOps and Continuous Delivery processes.