Would you like to work with cutting-edge technology?
Are you a developer who loves creating complex web applications?
Join our Edge Experience Engineering Team
Akamai Control Center portal is Akamais face to our users on the Web. It provides a full
range of tools, including analytics, configuration management, web services, training,
support, and billing for our customers to manage their accounts online. The Portal team
is responsible for the software infrastructure, development, look and feel and technical
evolution of the Akamai Control Center platform.
Work with cutting edge technology
As a Senior Software Engineer you will focus on building highly usable, reliable, and
scalable software solutions. You will create sophisticated implementations on both the
client and server sides focusing primarily on developing software the right way. You will
design and develop web applications, services and Akamai Portal platform components
which will be utilized by Akamais customers as well as other engineering teams.
As a Software Engineer Senior, you will be responsible for:
● Designing and developing web applications, services and Akamai Portal platform
● Creating new features from scratch, enhancing existing features and optimize
● Contributing to the overall design and architecture of the Akamai Portal platform
● Applying solutions to running large scale, multi-tenant, production environments
● Optimizing applications and services for the best performance and quality
To be successful in this role you will:
● Show experience in building web applications using Java/J2EE technology
● Possess hands on experience with service-oriented architecture, REST,
microservices, frameworks like Spring and Hibernate
● Be experienced working with relational and NoSQL databases
● Be familiar with REST API interfaces and service-oriented architecture
● Be experienced in working with Linux/Unix-like operating systems
● Have experience with container-based platforms like Docker, Mesos/Marathon or
Kubernetes and Automation tools like Ansible, Terraform
● Demonstrate familiarity with front-end technologies and frameworks such as
ES6, TypeScript, Angular, HTML5, SASS can be treated as an advantage
Work in a way that works for you
We are happy to discuss flexible working options in this role, please discuss your
requirements with the recruiter when you apply.
Working for you
At Akamai, we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great
things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in
the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
● Your health
● Your finances
● Your family
● Your time at work
● Your time pursuing other endeavors
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both
today and in the future.
Innovating on a global scale, we deliver our customers a fast, smart and secure
intelligent edge platform. Working against a backdrop of digital collaboration, our highly
skilled teams build progressive solutions that have the scope to transform
entertainment, business, and life in ways that we have yet to imagine.