We are looking for a talented, technical excellent and self-motivating Java Developer to join our Systems organization in Krakow. This position is primarily responsible for development of business critical applications using the latest Java/JEE and Web technologies . This position requires a skilled individual who can contribute in a mature and proactive way to all phases of project lifecycle ? i.e. more broadly then in a pure development role.
Contribute to requirements definition
Contribute technical expertise to defining application requirements in collaboration with business analysts, business representatives and others. Individual must be able to streamline as well as record requirements, perform gap analysis and offer functionality options where appropriate.
Contribute to application design
Create proofs of concept or prototypes if required; contribute to technical design of applications; contribute to database / data model design.
Develop application functionality which meets business requirements with high quality within given deadlines
Develop maintainable, well-documented application functionality with an eye toward standardization, common components, simplicity, performance, robustness and other attributes of enterprise-strength solutions.
Thoroughly test all functionality
Utilize detailed and thorough practices including negative testing, testing of boundary conditions, etc., and work collaboratively with business areas to support UAT testing.
Provide responsive support for business areas
Quickly resolve issues encountered by business lines in the production environment, maintaining a helpful, ?high touch? approach to working with business users
Technical attributes ? must-have:
- 2+ years of related experience
- Java ? must have strong experience in core Java
- Spring/JEE platform ? must have experience with Spring (Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Security) or JEE platform (CDI, JPA, EJB, JAX-RS, JAX-WS)
- Strong foundation in Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns
- Knowledge and applying SOLID principles in practice
- Experience with WebServices (SOAP, REST)
- Must understand basic principles of data modeling
- SQL ? must be able to write simple to moderate complexity SQL queries
- Experience with ORM frameworks (JPA, Hibernate, OpenJPA)
- Experience with test framework: JUnit, TestNG, Mockito
Technical attributes ? highly desirable:
- Automated build platforms/continuous integration experience and knowledge (Jenkins, Hudson, maven, gradle)
- Experience with test automation tools (Selenium/WebDriver, Fitnesse, JBehave)
- Knowledge and applying TDD principles in practice
- Ability to interpret and troubleshoot applications using logs (troubleshooting Java memory issues, analysing java heap/thread dumps, troubleshooting application issues)
- Experience with Unix platforms
- Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
Technical attributes ? nice to have:
- Prior experience with IBM WebSphere products (WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal, WebSphere Liberty Profile)
- Experience with message queue brokers (WebSphere MQ, Oracle AQ)
- Prior experience with Tomcat
- Experience with databases (Oracle, DB2)
Character attributes ? must have:
- Organized ? High degree of personal organization & structured approach to problems
- Proactive ? Actively seeks to determine upcoming risks & issues and address them
- Collaborative ? Genuinely interested in helping others and in sharing information
- Integrity ? Places higher value on honesty and ethical behaviour than personal advantage
- Communication ? Strives to be inclusive and to communicate frequently & clearly