Lead Analyst - Cyber Threat Strategic Intelligence
Our Cyber Security team
It’s no secret that our intellectual property is critical to our success. To secure our ideas and designs, our customer and employee personal data, and to protect operations from cyber-crime, Dyson’s global Cyber Security and IT Risk group works effectively to keep our secrets secret and secure our crown jewels, using advanced technologies to stay one step ahead of the game.
We have a continuous focus on transforming and managing all aspects of security - including architecture, engineering, technology risk management, cyber operations, end user security and project delivery. We invest heavily in new security capabilities (technology, processes, and people) and leverage our strong cyber ecosystems to tackle future threats.
Product Design, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, eCommerce and Enterprise IT Systems are at the beating heart of Dyson’s cyber defence priorities. We play a key role in ensuring the successful design and delivery of exciting new business and security projects, and that our controls and security platforms remain effective and compliant. Furthermore, our cyber operations capabilities are delivered on a global 24x7 basis from our strategic locations across the US, UK / Europe, India, Singapore and China.
The Cyber Defence Operations team play a key role in our cyber team and is responsible for the detection and response to cyber threats. This job description relates to the Lead Analyst of Cyber Defence Operations which is a critical position in this function.
About the Role
As a member of our Cyber Fusion Center, you will be joining a dynamic, around-the-clock team that spans the globe with footholds in the USA, the UK, Poland, India, and Singapore. Your primary objective will be to help implement our strategy, develop the capabilities, and oversee the provision of services. You will take charge in formulating, executing, and, where necessary, transitioning operations to our partners. Your role is pivotal in establishing governance to monitor the quality and efficacy of our partners’ contributions, while also bolstering their efforts through incisive tactical analysis, thereby ensuring the fulfilment of the Cyber Fusion Center’s goals.
Furthermore, you will actively contribute to defence operations by delving into investigations against cyber adversaries. This involves joining forces with internal and external stakeholders to unearth and neutralize highly sophisticated cyber-attacks.
This position promises to be exhilarating as it offers unending opportunities for learning and growth. You will be at the forefront of the convergence of IT, OT, and IoT, utilizing cutting-edge technology platforms. Equally, it is a demanding role that requires acute discernment to discern early signals and warnings of cyber threats. Our Global Cyber Security program is grounded in intelligence-led cyber security, and you will be a linchpin in ensuring its efficacy, thereby having a profound impact on the business.
As defenders of Dyson’s network, you are more than just protectors – you are custodians of our most prized assets and secrets. Your role is that of a sentinel, standing vigilant and unyielding in safeguarding the integrity of our cyber landscape.
Experience and Accountabilities
Our Cyber Threat Intelligence team is tasked to support and enhance Dyson security posture by providing situational awareness by understanding our cyber threat landscape. This is achieved through the delivery of timely and actionable threat intelligence that is relevant to Dyson. By combining technical expertise with a thorough understanding of the cyber threat landscape, playing a supporting role in Threat Hunting, the team ensures depth and breadth of coverage of cyber threats and events, and contextualizes them to drive forward planning for the leadership teams in Global Cyber Security.
To be a Cyber Threat Intelligence Lead Analyst (Strategic Intel) at Dyson, we would like candidates to demonstrate experience in:
- Work with the senior manager to develop the roadmap, special focus on automating the traditional intelligence processes, keeping an eye on the breakthrough technology in the market in AI/ML, on-boarding the next phase on intelligence capabilities and uplifts for the next 2-3 years, to align with the ever changing threat landscape and ensuring Dyson assets are protected for advanced threats.
- A deep understanding of cybersecurity principles, concepts, technologies, and frameworks is essential for effectively analyzing and mitigating cyber threats.
- Proficiency in using various cybersecurity tools and technologies, such as SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) systems, threat intelligence platforms, and network monitoring tools.
- ability to think strategically and understand the broader implications of cyber threats, considering the organization's goals, objectives, and risk tolerance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate complex technical concepts and findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. This includes the ability to write comprehensive reports and deliver presentations.
- Provide in-depth assessments of strategic threats, emerging trends, and geopolitical factors that could impact the organization's security posture.
- Analyze and synthesize intelligence from multiple sources to develop comprehensive threat assessments and forecastsCollecting information and conducting analysis to develop intelligence to continuously mature “indication and warning” capability.
- Integrate intelligence from various internal and external sources, including OSINT, HUMINT (human intelligence), SIGINT (signals intelligence), and GEOINT (geospatial intelligence).
- Analyze this fused intelligence to uncover complex relationships, threat campaigns, and potential implications for the organization.
- Deliver high-level intelligence briefings and reports to senior leadership, executives, and board members.
- Briefings provide strategic insights, threat assessments, and recommendations to support decision-making and resource allocation.
- Conduct research and analysis on industry-specific threats, vulnerabilities, and regulations.
- Monitor developments and trends within the organization's sector to identify potential risks, anticipate changes, and provide strategic guidance to ensure compliance and resilienc
- Contribute to strategic planning efforts by providing intelligence assessments and insights.
- Assess the potential risks posed by specific threat actors, campaigns, or vulnerabilities and provide recommendations to senior management for risk mitigation and resource allocation.
- Foster relationships with external partners, industry peers, government agencies, and intelligence communities to facilitate strategic information sharing.
We are looking for team members with an exceptional track-record of delivering security to a range of business types and sizes. You’ll bring the following:
- Minimum 3+ years of experience within Strategic cyber threat intelligence function.
- Working together with the manager, be willing to coach and/or mentor analyst joining the team.
- Experience in establishing and maintain intelligence lifecycle.
- Proven track record of MITRE ATT&CK, Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model and able to develop threat models based on the frameworks.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.