Do you like to work with the latest technologies and learn how to build high-performance and big data applications designed to handle 2M+ data queries per second, then this is the job for you!
At LoopMe, a team of 75+ engineers build and maintain real-time bidding platforms for advertisers globally. On a day-to-day basis, you’ll be part of a highly-skilled distributed team working with Java, Postgres, Clickhouse, Kafka, and other new technologies to help our company scale performance, optimize infrastructure for cloud deployment and develop competitive feature sets for our multiple product lines. LoopMe follows Agile methodology to deliver features to the market in rapid succession.
To support our rapid growth, LoopMe has opened a new development office in Krakow, Poland to attract local development talent and strengthen our existing teams.
What we need
We are looking for a Java Backend Engineer to help build out our high-load ad serving system, capable of handling over 2M requests/second under 50ms response time.
What you'll be doing
- Developing features and performance optimisation for our Java ad serving application
- Implementing complex targeting algorithms developed by our data science team into the core ad serving flow
- Implementing backend for BI ad-hoc queries
- 4+ years experience in coding
- Strong Java knowledge. Understand concurrency.
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience with PostgreSQL (or other)
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with columnar DB (Clickhouse, Vertica, etc)
- Linux shell
- A proactive attitude towards improving processes and finding new solutions to challenging business problems
- Strong self-motivation; you'll be a reliable and flexible team-player
- High attention to detail and the ability to remain focused under pressure