Principal Software Development Engineer
Apptio Targetprocess is a visual platform that helps our customers adopt and scale Agile across the enterprise. Customers can use SAFe, LeSS or implement their framework to achieve business agility and see the value flow through the entire organization. We are a high-performing, cross-functional team of developers, product managers, and designers. We are passionate about delivering elegant solutions to complex business problems and have a proven track record of delivering successful v1 applications that delight our customers.
You are a seasoned software engineer and architect striving for excellence in your technical solutions. You have a proven track record of leading technology organizations by overseeing long-term technical strategy for a standalone core product. You have a curious mind and a passion for continuous improvement and leadership. You thrive in an agile and fast-paced environment.
You will report to the Head of Targetprocess Engineering. Your job will be to translate the long-term product vision into a technical strategy, enabling our platform to support a load at least an order of magnitude higher. You will mentor other Targetprocess engineers and ensure that the technical designs of specific teams are aligned with the strategy. To ensure you deeply understand our platform and capabilities, you will code with different groups and review the code of others.
- 10+ years of experience designing and delivering enterprise-level SaaS software in .Net and Node.js
- Previous experience in technical leadership positions (Staff+)
- Excellent coding capabilities
- Great understanding of modern software architecture concepts with a strong emphasis on scalability and reliability
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, asynchronous architectures, object-oriented programming, and functional programming
- Demonstrated experience with best SDLC practices: coding standards, reviews, code management, build processes, and testing
- Professional experience building REST APIs
- Experience with relational and no-SQL databases
- Familiarity with container technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- We are a well-established product company, and your role will be to ensure we are still at the very top of our software categories!
- Opportunity to work with great minds on cloud-native solutions
- Clear career ladder with technical and managerial paths
- Great private health care for you and your family
- Generous life insurance
- Sport card - just in case you want to go to a gym, swimming pool, or cross-fit
- Flexible working hours
- Amazing office on the 9th floor of brand new Brain Park Office will give you a space to meet your new colleagues. We work in hybrid mode - two days from the office.
- Bookable parking space
- Entertainment at the office - pool table, massage chair, music room, and even Prosecco!
- Team and Office celebrations
- Work-life balance – we understand and support the importance of striking a healthy balance between your work and personal life
- Fruit Thursdays. Because of course! :)
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary. Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities..