Brainly wants to be the best educational app in the world! We are currently looking for skilled Android Engineers to push boundaries and help us solve large-scale problems with solutions that translate into lasting impact. You can join one of these two teams: Mobile Core Team or Textbook Solutions.
The Mobile Core Team at Brainly is working on some of the most complex challenges in the ed-tech space: creating communities for students around the world. We focus on building the infrastructure that enables Brainly users to ask and answer millions of questions every day. An important part of our work is to deliver and maintain the subscription model in the app, video content, Mathsolver solutions and gamification.
Textbook Solutions, the latest product from Brainly, allows students to access millions of top-quality educational solutions from thousands of textbooks across the globe. Our team is creating a new type of user journey, where students aren’t just getting help solving a problem from a textbook but learning the material in a way that will serve them beyond the immediate exercise. And we are genuinely passionate about making this experience the most enjoyable and educational across all stages.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Working in a very creative environment and with focus-oriented high-fliers
- Shipping products worldwide to 350+ million users monthly
- Transform the world of online education also by developing related products for students, parents, and teachers around the globe
How we work:
- We believe in teamwork, self-organization and adaptation
- We check our hypotheses with A/B tests
- We are free to explore and use new technologies in our projects
- We deliver fast and often
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE
- Designing, developing, and maintaining code for Brainly mobile platforms to enhance the great learning experience for our users.
- Solving complex challenges such as performance, scalability, and security
- Collaborating with other software engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of your deliverables.
- Conducting code reviews, contributing high-quality documentation, and building robust test suites for your features.
Our stack, that you will be working with:
- Java and Kotlin code
- Multi-module Gradle project
- RxJava / Coroutines
- Dagger 2
- Rest / GraphQL / WebSocket backend
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Android
- Proficiency in Kotlin
- Knowledge of Android Framework (lifecycle, good practices, tools)
- Experience with RxJava, Dagger2 and Android Architecture Components
- Experience in Unit/UI testing
- Computer science fundamentals – data structures and design patterns
- Solid knowledge of SOLID principles
- Fluency in English
Nice to have:
- Experience with Kotlin Coroutines
- Experience in working on projects with large user-base
- Data-driven approach
- Experience with monetization
- Location: Kraków/Barcelona or remotely from Poland/Spain
- Level: mid or senior
- Salary: 15 000 – 23 000 PLN gross/monthly
- Start date: as soon as possible (however, we’re happy to wait for the right person)
- Some of our benefits – the final offer will depend on the location:
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others
- Fully paid private health care packages for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed
- Fully paid life insurance provided by Warta
- Multisport Plus card
- Access to the Mental Health Helpline – providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches
- AskHenry services – personal concierge services to help you to settle your everyday matters (like Ikea shopping or shoemaker visit)
- Possibility to join one of our Employee Resource Groups and initiatives (Inclusion Council, Ladies at Brainly, Brainly Cares)
- If needed, additional budget for remote work accessories
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the online learning platform where over 350 million students and parents go from questioning to understanding. With their smartphones, users can snap a photo to instantly solve any problem or homework question and be matched with a Brainly product such as Community Q&A, Brainly Tutor, Math Solver or Textbook Detective.
Brainly is built to provide students, parents, experts, and teachers with a collaborative platform and tools needed to succeed in any educational environment. Based in Kraków, Poland, with U.S. headquarters in New York City, Brainly apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries.