A little about us:
Our apps are growing and we?re expanding the team! As a future member, you will have the opportunity to tailor your daily tasks and responsibilities to your areas of interest. Do you want to be closer to business, BA or UX? This can be arranged. Do you want to be closer to the code and advise on architectural solutions for our applications? This also can be arranged. As long as you believe that the best code is the one that?s deployed in production and helping our clients achieve their goals you?ll be a great fit! We only support browsers starting at IE 11, or latest 2 versions in case of automatically updated ones. You can choose between MacBook Retina 15? and Dell 15?.
For one of IG?s news and research websites, DailyFX.com, we are looking for a Java Developer who will help us to ensure that our website is best in class and will remain one of the world’s leading news sources for the currency trading community. Every day site reports on the latest changes in the currency market, providing timely technical analysis and close examination of promising chart formations with live currency quotes. DailyFX.com also provides analysis of market moves, explaining economic, political, and technical factors driving the market.
Java Developer Job Duties:
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Studies and establishes connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Java Developer Skills and Qualifications:
- Java (version 7 or 8), Java Server Pages, tag libraries, Servlets, Filters
- Object-Oriented Design (OOD)
- Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Following best coding principles
- Experience with RESTful Web Services development
- Web Programming Skills
- Build tools (preferably Maven)
- General understanding of Continuous Integration system (Jenkins or Bamboo)
- Version control (preferably Git)
- Basic knowledge of UNIX shell
- Hands on experience in working with Agile (preferably Scrum)
- Experience in using Docker, Hibernate and MongoDB (nice to have)
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (nice to have)
- Team Player with working English knowledge