As a Senior Java Developer you will join newly established Innovation Lab. You will be a member of R&D group working on new solutions that have transformative business impact. As a part of a highly focused team of software innovators you will be solving the most challenging business problems using different flavors of algorithms including but not limited to Machine Learning, Linear Programming, and Robots.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Contribute to requirements definition.
- Contribute technical expertise to defining application requirements in collaboration with business analysts, business representatives and others. You must be able to streamline as well as record requirements, perform gap analysis and offer functionality options where appropriate.
- Contribute to application design.
- Create proofs of concept or prototypes if required; contributing to technical design of applications; contributing to database / data model design.
- Develop application functionality which meets business requirements with high quality within given deadlines.
- Develop maintainable, well-documented application functionality with an eye toward standardization, common components, simplicity, performance, robustness and other attributes of enterprise-strength solutions.
- Quickly resolve issues encountered by business lines in the production environment, maintaining a helpful, “high touch” approach to working with business users.
- Understand the system architecture and functionality and assess feasibility of user requests.
- Evaluate new and ongoing projects and provide estimates for proposed solutions
The key requirements include:
- MS/MSc degree in Engineering and/or Computer Science or related work experience required
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in software engineering including 3+ years of technical experience in the development and design of various applications utilizing a wide range of technologies and vendor platforms
- Java – must be proficient in the language, core libraries & design patterns (Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Security, Spring Data, Spring Integration, JPA/Hibernate, JMS)
- Experience in REST
- Ability to investigate and solve challenging technical issues
- RDBMS concepts – must understand basic principles of data modeling. Experience with Oracle is a plus.
- HTML / CSS – must have ability to create custom CSS to customize look and feel
- Experience with UI technologies (Angular or other JS frameworks)
- Knowledge of architectural principles, frameworks, design patterns and industry best practices for design and development
- Knowledge of MicroServices solutions is a plus
- Machine Learning (TensorFlow or DL4J) is a plus
- Fluent English
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself ? without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee?s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others