NOTICE: ONLINE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
LOCATION: KRAKÓW OR REMOTELY FROM POLAND / BARCELONA OR REMOTELY FROM SPAIN
The Q&A Knowledge Base team’s mission is to enrich Brainly content with attributes that connect it to other information sources, including textbooks, educational videos, relevant classes, and points in school curricula. The team is responsible for building and supporting a system that maps Brainly social Q&A to textbook chapters and topics.
You will have the opportunity to participate in building the state of the art system for text annotation and indexing, and to improve your skills in NLP, machine learning, large scale data processing and information retrieval.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiast of educational technologies with a background in digital products development and a blend of coding, machine learning, and natural language processing skills.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Research and implement novel techniques of natural language processing, computer vision, and knowledge representation.
- Build robust pipelines for training, evaluation, and inference at scale.
- Work closely with business stakeholders and product teams to design new features to implement or improve the functionalities and user experience of the platform.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining code for Brainly platform to enhance the great learning experience for our users.
- Solving complex challenges such as performance, scalability, and security
- Collaborating with other software engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of your deliverables.
- Conducting code reviews, contributing high-quality documentation, and building robust test suites for your features
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE?
- 4+ years experience with machine learning production environments
- Working knowledge of Python and the PyData stack or other numerical programming languages
- Experience with parallel and distributed computing technologies (map/reduce, multiprocessing systems, GPUs)
- Experience with NLP models in production
- Experience with modern cloud services and serverless architectures (AWS or GCP)
- Experience with Golang
- Experience with large volume ETL jobs or data streaming
- Experience with microservices, REST or GraphQL APIs
- Familiarity with a complex, high-performance platform
- Ability to brainstorm and co-create new solutions, both business and technical
- Ability to prototype and test suboptimal solutions quickly and iterate up to a final product that can be deployed in production
- Be expected to be analytical, accurate but also creative and to come up with your own ideas and suggestions
- Established ability to diagnose technical problems, debug complex problems across the whole stack, and automate routine tasks
- Team player attitude and clear communications skills
- Familiar with agile development and lean principles
- Ability to learn fast
- High level of self-organization
Skills and systems
- At least some of the data engineering technologies such as Spark, DataBricks, Glue, EMR, Docker, Kubernetes, SQL, key-value stores, Redshift, Snowflake
- At least some of the ML technologies such as AWS SageMaker, Tensorflow Extended, PyTorch, Spark ML, scikit-learn, XGBoost, KubeFlow, Seldon, MLFlow, or related frameworks
- At least some of the NLP libraries such as spaCy, HuggingFace, NLTK, Gensim, SparkNLP, or similar
- Salary: 26 000 – 35 000 PLN gross/ monthly (depending on the seniority),
- Some of our benefits (slightly varies depending on the location):
- Flexible working hours
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others
- Fully paid private health care packages for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed
- Fully paid life insurance provided by Warta
- Multisport Plus card
- Access to the Mental health Helpline – providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches
- AskHenry services – personal concierge services to help you to settle your everyday matters (like Ikea shopping or shoemaker visit)
- Possibility to join one of our Employee Resource Groups and initiatives (Inclusion Council, Ladies at Brainly, Brainly Cares)
- If needed, additional budget for work remote work accessories
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the online learning platform where over 350 million students and parents go from questioning to understanding. With their smartphones, users can snap a photo to instantly solve any problem or homework question and be matched with a Brainly product such as Community Q&A, Brainly Tutor, Math Solver or Textbook Detective.
Brainly is built to provide students, parents, experts, and teachers with a collaborative platform and tools needed to succeed in any educational environment. Based in Kraków, Poland, with U.S. headquarters in New York City, Brainly apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries.