IG Group is a worldwide leader in financial derivatives and spread betting with technology at the core of its business. We are seeking a passionate automation QA engineer to join our newly created core performance test team. We are building core performance scrum team of performance engineers. You will be working with very experienced senior performance engineers under leadership of performance tests architect.
As a highly experienced Performance Tests developer, the role will give you the chance to work with the low latency, ultra-fast middleware technologies. From day one you will be testing high volume, high performance services where security, reliability, and accuracy are paramount. You will be enthusiastic about making contributions that help the team meet the challenges we face, delivering high-quality software within a complex business domain.
The role will need you to draw on your experience in approaches such as Continuous Delivery and understand how to test performance to deliver high availability, real time dealing software that accurately represents the business domain. You will be comfortable working closely with both business and technical stakeholders to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Technology is a passion for you, and you are interested in learning ideas and practices from across the industry by attending conferences, meetups and putting your learning into practice. You understand that mastery is a journey and are committed to continual personal improvement that comes from a deep-seated desire to be the best you can be.
Technology stack: Java 8, HTTP / REST, Kafka, JMS, Spring, REST Assured, Python, Locust, SPLUNK, ELK
- Communicating, implementing and driving the performance test improvements across IG
- Work within the core performance Quality Assurance team to define performance KPIs for a multitude of different software applications
- Converse directly with the Business and IT teams to ensure suitable understanding of requirements and required test coverage
- Help development and maintain test frameworks and tests across the enterprise environment
- Coach development teams on best practices to develop effective quality gates within their product delivery cycle
- Raise and manage any defects identified throughout the software development life cycle
- Contribute to the IG Group Quality Assurance strategy
- Work as part of an Agile/Scrum development team
- Provide QA guidance to the team
Experience and Skills
- Experience in non-functional testing is the key asset
- Experience in all stages of performance engineering: requirements gathering, KPIs definitions, setting SLAs, creating mocks/stubs, writing performance tests, executing, analyzing results, preparing reports and dashboards.
- Understanding of testing methodologies and their application
- Experience working in frontend and backend testing frameworks
- Energetic and analytical approach to problem solving
- Able to use necessary tools in order to debug problems with the software
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of software testing techniques
- 5+ years of Java and/or Python programming skills
- Working Knowledge of:
- Good knowledge of continuous integration and build systems
- Proficient in more than one programming language Java, Python, C++
- Cross-platform testing experience
- Experience in automation of web-services
- Knowledge of communication protocols: HTTP (rest, json/xml), Kafka, JMS
- Experience of iterative/agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP)
- Knowledge of Locust performance test tool
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Friendly and approachable manner
- “Can-do” attitude
- Self-starter and very organized
- Innovative and thinks outside the box
- Interest in Automation, QA, financial markets, trading and a willingness to learn more about them
- Degree level education (in relevant/related subject)
- Knowledge of financial industry, especially CFDs, Equities, FX and Futures
- Previous automation experience on a trading platform