Senior Systems Engineer
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
At Qualtrics, we create software the world’s best brands use to deliver exceptional frontline experiences, build high-performing teams, and design products people love. But we are more than a platform—we are the creators and stewards of the Experience Management category serving over 18K clients globally. Building a category takes grit, determination, and a disdain for convention—but most of all it requires close-knit, high-functioning teams with an unwavering dedication to serving our customers. When you join one of our teams, you’ll be part of a nimble group that’s empowered to set aggressive goals and move fast to achieve them. Strategic risks are encouraged and complex problems are solved together, by passing the microphone and iterating until the best solution comes to light. You won’t have to look to find growth opportunities—ready or not, they’ll find you. From retail to government to healthcare, we’re on a mission to bring humanity, connection, and empathy back to business. Join over 6,000 people across the globe who think that’s work worth doing.
Senior Systems Engineer
Why We Have This Role
Our team is a collection of extremely passionate engineers who are riding the cutting edge of cloud computing and web scalability. We organize and sort terabytes of data and develop solutions used by millions of users every day. We design tools that make sophisticated research simple. Our teams are empowered to choose technologies that are best to solve each problem. In our collaborative culture, you find plenty of opportunities to impact our full-stack product; from Web & mobile UI to data visualization & analysis to microservices APIs to data storage & processing.
Things You’ll Do
- Manage our observability platform, ensuring reliable systems monitoring and alerting
- Develop and maintain secure, high performing, scalable and cost-effective systems
- Be involved in architectural design decisions and drive system improvements
- Ensure on-time delivery of projects and creation of automated solutions for issue resolution
- Oversee platform lifecycle, document systems and participate in technical analysis
- Address complex problem-solving, including system feature design and complexity mitigation
- Monitor operational metrics and assist teams in resolving issues during incidents
- Collaborate across engineering teams to resolve issues and foster relationships
- Proactively address platform and infrastructure gaps by gathering feedback and setting standards
- Participate in on-call rotation and manage operational needs
- Guide and drive improvements across multiple teams within the organization
What We’re Looking For On Your Resume
- 5+ years of experience in similar roles
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Go or Java
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices architectures
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues, navigate through unfamiliar code, and quickly learn new technologies
- Strong experience with Linux OS and its administration
- Understanding of containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively within a team and across various teams
- Leadership experience in driving initiatives across numerous teams
Nice to have
- Hands-on experience with monitoring and logging tools: Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, Elastic Stack, New Relic, Datadog
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and automation tools (Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Knowledge and practice of DevOps culture
- Experience in incident response and root cause analysis
- Familiarity with Chaos Engineering and Game Days
- Experience with distributed tracing systems (Jaeger, Zipkin)
What You Should Know About This Team
As a part of the Engineering Visibility (EngVis) team at Qualtrics, our goal is to empower all other teams to deliver top-notch, highly reliable products that our customers love. We are at the forefront of modern engineering, and provide invaluable expertise that helps minimize observability costs and maximizes reliability.
We strive to be the go-to solution for all teams, guiding them to reduce time-to-market and create customer-focused solutions. We believe in closing the gap between cause and effect by providing robust monitoring and alerting services that everyone can rely on, allowing us all to concentrate on delivering outcomes that truly matter.
Being on the EngVis team means being a crucial part of Qualtrics' pursuit of engineering excellence at every step of the way. We are at the heart of the company’s innovation, propelling teams to reach new groundbreaking heights.
Our Team’s Favorite Perks and Benefits
- The annual Qualtrics Experience Bonus can be used for an experience of your choosing. Some team members have chosen to use the bonus for vacations, concert or event tickets, or home improvement projects.
- Engineer Development Program: Invest in yourself and schedule up to 10% of your time on individual engineering growth activities every quarter.
- Wellness reimbursement can be put toward wellness activities including gym memberships, spa massages, workout equipment, meditation apps, and much more.
- Glasses reimbursement
- Travel insurance
- Mental health helpline
- Medical insurance through LuxMed
- Life insurance
- Parental leave