Our healthcare system is frustratingly analog. When you live in a world of one-tap car rides, meal delivery, and unlimited streaming, why do you have to call to schedule an appointment with a doctor and are still handed a clipboard to fill in a form? NexHealth’s mission is to accelerate innovation in healthcare. We’re doing this by connecting patients, doctors, and developers. We’re the first to fully automate the integration with health record systems, paving the way for a new generation of disruptive health-tech companies
Here's some of what we've accomplished:
1. $125M Series C at $1B valuation
2. Manage more than 38 million patient records
3. 100%+ annual revenue growth
4. Top 10% of Inc. 5000 (2022)
Engineering at NexHealth
NexHealth is building an engineering team in Cracow and we are looking for some of the first members to be key team members in its expansion. In this role you’ll be a key driver in expanding our internal systems to support our support, engineering and product teams. We’re looking for someone that is highly experienced in developing software, driving projects to completion, and working well with international teams.
You’ll be working very closely with our US-Based teams to bring our systems to-life and travel to the US is expected. Success in this role will enable NexHealth to scale its support and engineering operations to better serve its customers and their patients. Additionally, it will help to establish a strong engineering culture in our soon-to-be offices in Cracow.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and expand our internal systems to drive efficiency and capability with our support, engineering, and product teams.
- Build full-stack services and APIs to support our internal teams
- Drive systems forward through developing a scalable backend infrastructure
- Collaborate closely with support, engineering, and product to design solutions that will stay ahead of our rapid growth
- Participate in all phases of SDLC - requirements, design, and development through testing, deployment, maintenance and support
- Implement solutions through the entirety of the SDLC, including testing, deployment, and operationalization
- Pairing with other team members, embracing a culture of collaboration and mutual respect to solve complex problems
What You'll Bring:
- Experience building large-scale internal support systems and frontend interfaces
- Ruby on Rails, React, Python
- Scaling PostgreSQL is a plus
- Ability to write high performance production quality code in a fast paced environment
- Strong track record of aligning stakeholders, clearly isolating problems, and delivering elegant solutions to those problems
- Effectively give and receive feedback, both positive and constructive
- Experience building projects from end to end in a collaborative environment
- Interest in building a society-changing product millions of people use while changing the landscape of healthcare
- Experience with ambiguous environments, able to adapt to change quickly and efficiently
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Solve the customer’s problems, not yours
When making decisions, think from the perspective of the customer. It’s easy to make decisions that make our lives simpler, but not the customers.
- Do the things others are not willing to do
As a Nexer, always go after the hardest problems. Pursue things at the highest quality. Move at the fastest pace.
- Take ownership
Act like a founder. Own your roles, destinies, mistakes, behavior, and our mission. The buck stops with each of us - no blaming or excuses.
- Say what’s on your mind, with positive intent
Be direct, proactive, transparent, and frequent in your communication.
- Default trust
As a Nexer, you do not have to earn trust, trust is given to you by default. If we by default trust each other, our speed of communication, feedback, information sharing, and overall improvements will be a lot faster.
- Think in first principles
We first identify the problem and then break it down to its fundamentals before diving into solutions. We constantly ask “why” to validate our assumptions.
- 7+ Years software development experience in web products
- 3+ years of experience ruby on rails
- 3+ years of experience with React
- 3+ years experience w/ PostgresSQL (or similar database)
- Experience with python a plus
- Track record of working independently, driving projects to completion, and working with international teams