The Team Leader role in Ocado Technology is an organizationally focused role. A Team Leader?s primary responsibility is to build a great team delivering a great product as well as to actively work within the team?s business stream/department to build effective organization with culture aligned with Ocado Technology values (Collaboration, Trust, Craftsmanship. Learn Fast and Autonomy).
Additionally Team Leaders work with their site leadership to build a great place to work (contributing to processes like recruitment, branding, induction etc.) We?re looking for people who are passionate for growing great people and organizations, are not afraid to challenge status quo and restlessly improve.
- Helping teams live the behavioural and technical standards of Ocado Technology
- Assisting the Department Head and teams in top down and bottom up communication, including strategic and tactical priorities
- Maintaining and driving a pro-active and open communication channel with the Department Head and teams
- Work with Department Head, other DMs, POs and teams to ensure clear departmental vision and clear team responsibilities (department and team boundaries)
- ? People and organisation
- Ensuring teams are appropriately skilled and trained
- Fostering collaboration with other related teams, POs, managers and business
- Fostering high motivation, happiness and morale in teams
- Ensuring that people are fairly paid, in appropriate roles where they can do what they?re best at
- Ensuring that teams are well balanced in terms of people in order to fulfil their missions
- Ensuring that people know what is expected of them and are given regular feedback about skills and behaviours
- Ensuring team ways of working and processes are aligned with Ocado Technology values
- ? Effectiveness
- Building awareness of business objectives and leading teams to achieve them
- Managing issues that might impede team effectiveness e.g. communication issues, behavioural issues, skill issues, process issues and technical issues
- Coaching teams in how to make intelligent decisions around technology and development
- ? Efficiency
- Ensuring that teams continuously work to improve
- Work with teams to provide reporting information on their development progress and capacity
You may? also have responsibilities that relate solely to your local office or country e.g. HR and other office-based responsibilities, for which you will take direction from your local Head of Office.
Desired skills & competencies
- You have a good understanding and experience of software engineering and the full software development cycle and a rock-solid attitude to maintaining and improving technical quality
- Experience with leading a team of software developers including performance, development and conflict resolution issues.
- Experience using Agile methodologies.
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or similar technical degree.
- You foster open, honest and effective discussion in which all members are unafraid to voice their opinions and concerns
- You work well with others and actively contributes towards team/department/division objectives to enable high performance of own and fellow team.
- You bring people together, breaking down silos, finding common ground and cultivating shared aims and vision.
- You have excellent communication skills and you actively encourage and facilitate collaboration within your team, across teams and with all stakeholders
- You consciously give and receive feedback openly and constructively
- You builds high levels of trust between individuals and teams, espouse respect, openness, honesty and knowledge sharing
- You live Agile and create feedback loops at all levels
- You display the generosity to help others succeed at own expense.
- You are data-driven and inspire your team to continually improve their processes and practices
- You are a servant leader and never afraid to get your hands dirty. If something is blocking or hurting your team, you?re on it
- You enjoy creating real business value, be it improving user experience or driving up operational efficiency. You know that to achieve this you will need to cultivate a team environment which is innovative, motivational, highly-productive and setup for fast change
- You accept ownership of what you do, relish empowerment to drive innovation, take accountability and responsibility of own actions.
- You have ability to learn fast through experimentation and recognise the importance of learning from failure quickly, without attributing blame.
- Permanent Contract
- Multi Sport Card
- Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Lunch Vouchers
- Training and Development opportunities
Equal opportunity employer
Ocado are an equal opportunities employer and as such make every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation,
marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.