Senior Data Scientist
Are you passionate about delivering real value to an organization using advanced techniques in data science & ML?
We are looking for a talented data scientist to work in our Data Science team. The role presents an opportunity for you to partner with stakeholders across all areas of the business including marketing, risk, customer services and quants, to deliver impactful data products using state of the art machine learning techniques.
What you will do
- Explore a variety of data from structured to unstructured data spanning client, operational and financial domains to identify opportunities for data science that add value to the business.
- Advance the use of machine learning within IG by building our next generation data products, e.g. recommendation systems, chatbots, text analytics systems and automatic insight generation systems.
- Work with stakeholders from across the business to turn business problems into data science solutions.
- Build descriptive and predictive models to understand customer behavior and prescribe next best actions.
- Build customer segmentation models to deepen understanding of our increasingly diverse client base and provide personalised customer experience.
- Build predictive models to optimize IG’s pricing and hedging strategies.
- Be a subject matter expert on advanced data science techniques, coaching less-experienced team members on practical approaches to applying machine learning in a commercial environment.
Who we are
We’ve been at the forefront of trading innovation since 1974, taking on the challenge to deliver an unmatched experience for our clients and raise the bar for tomorrow’s opportunities. Today, we’re a global fintech company incorporating the IG, tastylive, IG Prime, Spectrum and DailyFX brands, with a presence in 20 countries across five continents and over 400 000 active clients worldwide. But we know our success is only possible because of our people, who we encourage and empower to be brave, determined and inventive. Join us if you’d like to work in an inclusive, collaborative team that will recognise your talent and allow it to shine.
What you’ll get
As well as having the chance to attend regular social events and join special-interest groups, you get an attractive selection of benefits working with IG:
- Competitive salary
- Private medical cover for you and your family (Medicover)
- Multikafeteria system (you can choose a multisport card, vouchers, etc.)
- Life insurance (Generali)
- Comprehensive global and local onboarding process – to the company and to your role
- Employee-led LGBTQ+, Women’s, Black, and Parents & Carers networks with an annual budget for organizing events & projects that foster an open, diverse, and inclusive culture
- Option to participate and create ESG initiatives based on IG Brighter Future Fund
- 2 additional days off a year for voluntary work
- 1 additional day off to celebrate your Birthday 😊
- Work from home and the office (hybrid working)
- Home office equipment reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
- Online stretching sessions
- Online wellbeing weeks
- Online social events
- Depending on the pandemic situation – summer parties
In the office
Come to work in a comfortable, state-of-the-art office containing all the things you need to succeed. Each of us works from laptops, at agile, ergonomic workstations designed to support our roles. Our spacious, open-plan offices provide a modern, dynamic setting for you to excel. On top of current benefits, employees may enjoy here:
- Free fresh fruits and coffee club
- App-based parking spots booking system.
- Bike parking and shower
- Games: Foosball and ping-pong table, consoles, and board games
- Annual parties - summer picnic and Christmas party
- Other social events
Who you are
You’re upbeat and enthusiastic, and you have an open mind and a curious, can-do attitude.
You, like us, understand the importance of collaboration and are driven to be the best in what you do. You embody our three core values – to champion the client, learn fast together and raise the bar.
You want to be part of a proudly carbon-neutral company that will prioritise your wellbeing and that of the world around you, helping to create a brighter future for all. A company that embraces diversity and welcomes everyone with respect, regardless of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, identification, faith or culture. If you’re inspired by our way of working and can bring something new to our team of topnotch people, then you’ll find a home here.
Who you’ll be
You have a methodical approach to solving difficult problems and will feel comfortable in presenting insights generated from data to the business using visualisation tools such as Tableau.
You have experience and the desire to coach members of the data science team on best practices
You possess excellent communication skills, explaining complicated concepts to non-technical colleagues
You are an innovative thinker keen to put forward own ideas and suggestions
You have a minimum of 5 years experience as a Data Scientist
You’ll need experience in:
- Implementing machine learning in production using in-house or third-party data science platforms
- Building machine learning models; experience in Natural Language Processing, Time-Series prediction, Neural Networks and Recommendation Systems will be advantageous.
- Generating insights from complex data sources.
- Coaching data scientists.
You’ll possess strong skills in the following areas:
- Data analysis and modelling
- Machine Learning: NLP, Time-Series prediction, Neural Networks, Recommendation Systems and the classic machine learning techniques
- Cloud platforms & Big-data technology stack, e.g. GCP, AWS, Hadoop, Spark
Where you’ll work
As part of our hybrid working environment, you’ll split your time between home and the office. In this way, you’ll be able to enjoy a better work-life balance and always bring your best self to your role. At the office, you’ll have access to everything you’d expect from a world-class employer, such as a modern working environment, agile spaces, private quiet rooms and breakout areas. Plus, all our offices are located in iconic city centres, close to everything you might need for a rewarding working experience.
While you’ll be based in our Krakow office, you’ll be working with business stakeholders and other members of Data Science Department located in London. Join IG, and you’ll be joining the best in an always-moving industry. We’re constantly improving and developing our backend systems, as well as experimenting with machine learning approaches like predictive analytics and NLP.