Senior Technical Product Manager
Who we are:
Zilch, the world’s first Commerce Card, is a UK-headquartered payments technology company, known for creating the Googlisation of Payments. Our mission is to create the best and most empowering way to pay, for anything, anywhere our customers want to spend. Using Zilch’s virtual Mastercard that sits in a customer’s digital wallet, Zilch combines the best of debit, credit and savings. Meaning our customers can either earn rewards on debit payments in the form of instant cashback (‘Pay in 1’) or spread interest-free repayments over six weeks (‘Pay in 4’), bringing them financial choice and maturing their credit profiles.
This is uniquely made possible by the proprietary Ad-Subsidised Payment Network (ASPN) that Zilch has built, which in cookieless world enables merchants around the world to connect directly with the millions of Zilch customers they otherwise couldn’t reach and offer them savings, deals and discounts. By vertically integrating with consumers, rather than with merchants, Zilch allows customers to pay using either reward-earning debit or interest-free credit, both online and in-store, anywhere Mastercard is accepted. To ensure we are helping our customers to manage their cash flow responsibly when they make credit payments, we set dynamic borrowing limits using best-in-market data from leading credit reference agencies, open banking technology and behavioural data analysis.Together these generate a real-time, comprehensive, 360-degree view of a customer’s affordability profile, allowing us to set personalised borrowing limits accordingly. To further bolster our customer safeguards, we are fully regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, having obtained a consumer credit license prior to our launch. Since launching as an FCA regulated business in the UK in September 2020 and in the US in May 2022, Zilch has amassed over 3 million customers in 24 months and turned gross profitable – years faster than other well-known fintechs. In that time, we have provided our customers with over £80 million in aggregate rewards and savings on fees and interest. Zilch is Europe’s fastest-ever company to go from Series A to double-unicorn status, in just 14 months, after raising capital at a $2bn valuation in November 2021 and maintaining that valuation in a subsequent equity funding round in Summer 2022.
About the role:
We are in a competitive and exciting global market and although we are young, we are one of the fastest growing Fintech’s in Europe. We are now looking for a Technical Senior Product Manager to lead our Cards and Payments teams. As a Technical Senior Product Manager at Zilch, you have a passion for financial inclusion and deep interest in solving problems in ways that achieve business objectives and exceeds customers’ expectations. Our Product Managers are champion problem solvers, who fall in love with problems before discovering usable, viable and feasible ways to solve customer problems. We believe product ownership is a team sport, so we want people who thrive in working closely with designers, engineers, and data scientists to go from exploring problems to building solutions with confidence. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where you are empowered to own the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for your team as you focus on outcomes over outputs.
Our Core Finance Squad powers the payments processing that Zilch relies on, and focuses on two key domains:
- Purchase Issuance: The fastest and most efficient way of taking payments during a purchase, with a Zilch issued Mastercard.
- Acquiring: The fastest and most efficient way of taking payments/billing.
As a Technical Senior Product Manager, you will help our internal teams work faster and smarter, offering customers quicker support whilst improving processes, reporting and partnerships. You will lead cross-functional scrum teams with a scrum master, engineers, QA and data analysts.
- You’ll need to have a passion for making sure we’re building things the right way under-the- hood; taking a keen interesting in the back-end processes that power the customer-facing experience.
- That includes having a keen interest for understanding how Core Finance’s systems integrate with other client components in the Zilch technology ecosystem – making sure we’re always available to power our customers’ payments journeys.
- Leading the team in technical elaboration/refinement discussions – to harness the ideas from the expert engineering teams into clear, concise user stories; with acceptance criteria that can fold into our BDD test suites.
- You’ll tackle new, interesting business and technical problems, and find innovative and creative ways to solve them. We’re seeking brilliant and driven Product Managers to help us keep moving things forward.
Day-to-day duties will include:
- You will be leading a cross-functional product team, empowered to solve problems in ways our customers love that also work for the business.
- You will own the roadmap for your own area and work with stakeholders across the organisation to formulate your product strategy.
- You will be responsible for making sure the product shipped delivers value in a viable way for our business.
- You will be building strong relationships with external partners to create joint roadmaps and manage delivery of strategic initiatives throughout.
- Speaking to customers and stakeholders early and often to empathise with their biggest problems and validate solutions intended to solve those problems.
- Product Managers at Zilch should have a combination of deep knowledge of the customer,the data, the industry, our strategy, our business model, compliance and risk constraints and our desired outcome along with a sense of true ownership of the product area they are managing.
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience and expertise in Cards and Payments.
- Comfortable with understanding - & occasionally querying - Engineering-led decisions to make sure we’re building things in the leanest, most efficient way.
- A good knowledge of API-driven contract testing.
- Have a natural curiosity for product, tech, finance, and business building.
- Truth seeking, taking responsibility for the performance of the product, leading with transparency and honesty.
- Confident with evaluating data (analytics, customer feedback, industry trends) and ideas.
- Are effective at influencing leaders and executives and empowering teams.
- Customer obsessed, always asking whether what we intend to build will solve the customers problem.
- Ruthlessly prioritises to focus on delivering high quality work fast.
- Are a clear and concise communicator, great at building relationships and empathising with both internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Are passionate about building diverse, inclusive, high-performance teams.
- Accountable as an owner of the outcomes of a product area with clarity on decision making.
- (ideally) have worked with some international or a remote/distributed team
- Experience working on both greenfield and existing products
- Scale-up experience – as it can feel like a rollercoaster at times
What we offer:
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Share Options Scheme
- Employee rewards to support you with your work from home set up
- My benefits cafeteria including:
- The Multisport Card - Access to 25 sport activities at up to 4,500 facilities across Poland
- Travel - Hotels and guesthouses in Poland, travel agencies and holidays and camps for children
- Experiences - Network and studio cinemas, theatre, museums, cabarets, shows, concerts and festivals
- Taste - Restaurants, food delivery and dietary catering
Zilch is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.