Data Science is responsible for designing cutting-edge machine learning and optimisation techniques to convert data into important business insights and solutions. We focus on machine learning and optimisation problems across Ocado’s ecommerce - from recommending products to customers, to search optimisation and intelligent substitutions. Our data is stored in GoogleBigQuery, we work primarily in Python for machine learning and use frameworks such as Apache Beam and TensorFlow. We are looking for someone with experience in developing and optimising data science products as we seek to improve the personalisation capabilities and their performance for our OSP platform.
About the role:
As a Data Scientist you will work closely with the team lead, management, other data scientists and software engineering teams to identify, scope, plan and manage projects, and effectively communicate complex technical issues and findings to a range of technical and non-technical internal audiences. You will work on projects in all the areas touched by data science, dealing with complex problems and having a real impact on the operational performance of the company. You will be given autonomy in how you approach these problems and will be encouraged to research and seek out innovative solutions. Communication is key; you will be in constant contact with business stakeholders and will need to work with developers both within the team and in other technology teams to ensure that your solutions are properly productionised and can be supported.
What we’re looking for
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative sciences. A Masters degree or Ph.D. will be looked on favourably
- Experience building productionised machine learning models at scale with a preference for MVP and iteration
- Computer programming abilities including fluency in Python, PySpark, and SQL
- Experience conducting research and analysis on large data sets and providing rigorous interpretations of the results
- The ability to model complex problems mathematically and/or computationally
- A solid understanding of key statistical concepts
- Experience in designing, conducting and analysing large scale AB tests
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of common machine learning toolkits (e.g. scikit-learn)
- Knowledge of deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, Theano, Torch..)
- Permanent Contract
- Multi Sport Card
- Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Lunch Vouchers
- Training and Development opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.