Who we are:
Zilch, the world’s first Commerce Card, is a UK-headquartered payments technology company, known for creating the Googlisation of Payments. Our mission is to create the best and most empowering way to pay, for anything, anywhere our customers want to spend. Using Zilch’s virtual Mastercard that sits in a customer’s digital wallet, Zilch combines the best of debit, credit and savings. Meaning our customers can either earn rewards on debit payments in the form of instant cashback (‘Pay in 1’) or spread interest-free repayments over six weeks (‘Pay in 4’), bringing them financial choice and maturing their credit profiles.
This is uniquely made possible by the proprietary Ad-Subsidised Payment Network (ASPN) that Zilch has built, which in cookieless world enables merchants around the world to connect directly with the millions of Zilch customers they otherwise couldn’t reach and offer them savings, deals and discounts.
By vertically integrating with consumers, rather than with merchants, Zilch allows customers to pay using either reward-earning debit or interest-free credit, both online and in-store, anywhere Mastercard is accepted. To ensure we are helping our customers to manage their cash flow responsibly when they make credit payments, we set dynamic borrowing limits using best-in-market data from leading credit reference agencies, open banking technology and behavioural data analysis. Together these generate a real-time, comprehensive, 360-degree view of a customer’s affordability profile, allowing us to set personalised borrowing limits accordingly. To further bolster our customer safeguards, we are fully regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, having obtained a consumer credit license prior to our launch.
Since launching as an FCA regulated business in the UK in September 2020 and in the US in May 2022, Zilch has amassed over 3 million customers in 24 months and turned gross profitable – years faster than other well-known fintechs. In that time, we have provided our customers with over £80 million in aggregate rewards and savings on fees and interest. Zilch is Europe’s fastest-ever company to go from Series A to double-unicorn status, in just 14 months, after raising capital at a $2bn valuation in November 2021 and maintaining that valuation in a subsequent equity funding round in Summer 2022.
We’re looking for:
- Someone with bags of energy is happy, passionate and loves coding
- An engineer who is wholehearted about writing awesome code that they can be proud of
- An enthusiast who lives and breathes software, and obsesses about quality
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Implement deployment pipelines to deliver microservices and front-end applications into development, staging and secure production cloud environments.
- Collaborate with software engineering teams to implement security, resilience, and performance features.
- Automate key technology processes to remove bottlenecks within our teams.
- Continually improve our technology, our systems, our practices, and our knowledge.
- 8+ years of experience in Software Development industry
- 4+ years of proven expertise in DevOps
- Experience of infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform or Ansible)
- Experience with Docker containers and Git
- Good programming experience in at least one high-level language (e.g., Java)
- Strong understanding of Kubernetes, or other container orchestration tools
- Strong understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems. Eg. MacOS, Ubuntu
- Strong understanding of application, system and network monitoring. Centralised metrics and logging. Eg, Cloudwatch, Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana
- Strong understanding of primary AWS services Eg. EC2, VPC, Route53, S3, IAM
- Experience managing and securing REST APIs using API gateways
- Good knowledge of SQL and caching solutions (e.g., Redis, Memcached)
- Linux experience with Bash scripting and shell programming
- Experience with content delivery networks (e.g., Amazon CloudFront)
- Experience of security practices and securing cloud applications
- Experience with Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- MyBenefit cafeteria
- Home workstation setup bonus
- Learning & Development - company support for professional qualifications and learning development
- Hybrid working
- Casual dress code
- Work related social events
- Free fruit, snacks, and refreshments in the office
Zilch is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.