The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
Qualtrics is looking for a Network Engineer as part of our ever-expanding Network Engineering team. We support a network of our Corporate offices and global Data Centers utilizing the Colo-cloud hybrid model while continuously expanding our cloud infrastructure. This allows us to use best-of-breed technology to optimize for the best customer experience no matter the location. As the company continues to grow, the team is dealing with ambiguous problems that require creative solutions and out-of-the-box thinking.
We are looking for a candidate with a passion for networking engineering, innovation, and automation first mindset. You will be helping with expanding and operationally supporting our cloud/on-prem Corporate office network presence using automation first mindset.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline required
- 3+ years of experience with the integration of large datacenter and campus networks and enterprise-level WAN, LAN, and WLAN solutions
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Dynamic IP Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Hands-on experience with supporting (Meraki) wireless networks, PaloAlto firewalls across Corporate offices
- Experience in Linux/Unix administration and programming (i.e. Ansible, Python)
- Knowledge of various VPN technologies
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of standards and best practices in basic networking (Ethernet, TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, NTP, SNMP, IPSec, NAT, DNS, DHCP, Security Routing/Switching, and Network Design)
- Excellent documentation skills including creating and maintaining network diagrams
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to work well independently and across teams
- A great teammate, a fast learner, with a focus on getting stuff done
- Working knowledge of Aruba Clearpass NAC is a PLUS
- Understanding of cloud networks and operations is a PLUS
- Understanding of distributed/redundant DNS administration is a PLUS
- Project management skills and great interpersonal skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Responsible for the design, implementations, and operations of the cloud and on-prem network infrastructure and services supporting Corporate network infrastructure
- Facilitates major network projects to support capacity growth, upgrades, new products/features, and integration using automation tools
- Develop customized monitoring and alerting solutions to get proactive alerts
- Maintains in-depth up-to-date knowledge of standards, guidelines, industry trends, and best practices for the network discipline, including LAN, WAN, Wireless, Security, Data Center & Corporate office networking, and interconnection
- Practice and advocate for infrastructure engineering best practices like GitOps, Infrastructure As Code (IaaC), etc
- Triage, analyze, and perform root cause analysis for network-related issues
- Ensures compliance with change control processes and adherence to standards
- Create and maintain complex network documentation