CAE is a high technology company, at the leading edge of digital immersion, providing solutions to make the world a safer place. Our flight services business delivers software solutions to more than 150 airline customers.
Here are few reasons why folks love working at CAE!
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Work in a collaborative environment
- Be part of a high-performance team
Your Role & Main Responsibilities:
The position oversees applied research or advanced engineering in the development of new products, materials or processes and, on a project basis, directs and coordinates activities necessary to complete major projects, requiring a wide variety of technical skills. Conducts logical analyses of complex to highly complex management problems, management information requirements and formulates mathematical models of problems for solution by computer. Prepares mathematical models of problem areas in one or several equations that relate constants and variables, restrictions alternatives, conflicting objectives and their numerical parameters. Prepares written, non-technical reports for management, indicating solution or range of possible alternatives in rank of desirability and probability of success. Research and validate new/improved methods of forecasting, optimization and overbooking. Validates and enhances current methodologies.
The position also consults with and provides guidance to a number of departments and senior management on advanced technical issues. Provide leadership in the following key operations research areas: Forecasting, Scheduling algorithms. Stochastic processes and Optimization. Strengthens links to academic institutions and industry organizations. Strengthens leadership position in pricing and revenue management areas.
- Minimum 8 years related experience.
- Advanced computer software skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead and direct multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to delegate work to subordinates or less experienced team members.
- Proven leadership ability.