We are travel tech entrepreneurs, changing the way millions of people travel.
Our proprietary virtual interlining technology provides access to billions of travel itineraries by combining flights from different airline carriers that don’t traditionally work together. We take our customers from point A to B via C, including land transportation, at the lowest possible price. We are impacting the way people travel and provide higher margin opportunities to our partners that are some of the largest in the travel industry.
We pride ourselves on the performance-driven environment we have created for our teams to prosper and excel in. We come to work ready, to challenge and be challenged. We’re big enough to give our teams support but small enough that every person makes a difference. There are plenty of challenges to champion.
As a Product Owner at TripStack, you will report into the Sr. Director of Product with the core responsibility of supporting the stability, growth and vision of our Booking Engine. You will oversee the development of this platform to ensure that it is built in a scalable way to represent the growing needs of our business.
- Manage and prioritize the backlog for our Booking Engine team.
- Contribute to the planning, execution and review of each sprint.
- Translate the vision and strategy for the product into tasks for development.
- Understand the architecture of our booking engine and how it interacts with other products and parts of the business.
- Collect and analyze information, solve complex problems rationally, and make decisions on time for enhanced productivity.
- Work closely with external stakeholders to understand and anticipate client and user needs.
- Serve as a liaison between product and development teams.
- Work with the development team to refine and improve the development process
- Help define a vision for the product and create a product roadmap in line with business goals.
- Review existing processes and flows to identify new opportunities and areas that need enhancements.
- Document business requirements, build workflows and ensure successful product rollouts.
- Showcase strong organizational and project management skills.
- Keep internal technical teams accountable for quality output and product delivery
- Work towards defining and tracking key product KPIs to monitor the impact of delivered features.
Mandatory skill set:
- 3+ years of travel industry experience with a strong focus in flights [an asset]
- 3+ years of experience working with product teams as a Business Analyst / Product Owner
- Strong technical skills and extensive experience working with APIs
- Knowledge of API development & Documentation i.e. Swagger
- Previous experience working on agile and scrum organizations.
- Capacity to understand and influence the design and architecture of technical products.
- Strategic thinker with critical decision making skills.
- Passion for understanding and improving complex product flows.
- Strong analytical skills. The candidate must be able to analyze data and product flows to identify issues and opportunities to enhance the product.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and execute in a fast-paced role with significant context-switching.
- The ability to dig in deep. Ability to find the balance between user needs and business goals while questioning and validating assumptions along the way
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills – from product specifications, to JIRA tickets, to stakeholder communications.
- The product owner needs to be highly collaborative and feel comfortable with delegation, conflict resolution, and working with different personalities and emotions.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Self-driven and proactive leader.
- Strong data analytics skills [an asset].
- Experience working with an Online Travel Agency [an asset].