Join the game-changers
IG Quality Assurance team is looking for open-minded people to start career in the test organization for Leading FinTech company. If you are at your last years of studies, just graduated or simply thinking about changing profession to IT, have background of Java programming language and want to gain experience, this offer is for you!
For ambitious and wishing to learn candidates we offer unique opportunity to gain experience in technology and finance. You will work in modern, excellent communicated office (train, bus, 15min walk from Wisla River), be able to use benefits of flexible work hours, work from home, morning fruits and a lot of integration events. We offer full time and part time employment (work contract) and unique opportunity to learn from best engineers in Krakow.
Who we are
We’ve been at the forefront of trading innovation since 1974, taking on the challenge to deliver an unmatched experience for our clients and raise the bar for tomorrow’s opportunities. Today, we’re a global fintech company incorporating the IG, Tastylive, Brightpool, IG Prime, Spectrum, and DailyFX brands, with a presence in 20 countries across five continents and over 400 000 active clients worldwide. But we know our success is only possible because of our people, who we encourage and empower to be brave, determined and inventive.
Join us if you’d like to work in an inclusive, collaborative team that will recognise your talent and allow it to shine.
We have two Mobile teams developing the flagship Android and iOS Trading applications. As part of an Agile/Scrum development teams, QA developers are working with modern technologies for Mobile Frontend and Backend (Kotlin/Swift), writing automated tests that have an immediate impact on our client-facing trading platform, helping to reduce the manual effort executed by the in-sprint team and cooperating with colleagues across the world.
Web development teams (there are several in IG) give QA developers the chance to work with new web technologies, middleware supporting it and various SEO solutions. These roles cover testing complex, constantly-evolving web architecture, where security, reliability, and accuracy are paramount. Test automation is based on Java and Selenium, Bamboo/Jenkins, REST web services and visual regression. QA developers make contributions that help the team meet the challenges it faces, delivering high-quality software within innovative business domain.
We are passionate about delivering the best solutions for high quality and high-performance financial services. QA developer role will give you the chance to work with the backend technologies: REST, AMQ, Kafka, JMS, Spring. Cooperating with an Agile development team, you will be developing automated tests in Java on various levels of test pyramid. Your work will include both functional and non-functional testing. Test automation frameworks and tools that you will gain experience with include, among others: Junit, REST Assured, Cucumber, JBehave, XRAY.
Where you’ll work
As part of our hybrid working environment, you’ll split your time between home and the office. In this way, you’ll be able to enjoy a better work-life balance and always bring your best self to your role. At the office, you’ll have access to everything you’d expect from a world-class employer, such as a modern working environment, agile spaces, private quiet rooms and breakout areas. Plus, all our offices are located in iconic city centres, close to everything you might need for a rewarding working experience.
While you will be based in our Krakow office, you will be working with our IT teams in Bengaluru and London. Join IG, and you will be joining the best in an always-moving industry. We are constantly improving and developing our backend systems making sure we are at the front of the market from technology and quality of work perspective.
How you’ll grow
Your personal and professional development are important to us. As a company that’s constantly redefining the boundaries of possibility, we’ll challenge you to push yourself, accelerate your ambitions and rise to new levels of excellence. We know that’s a big ask, so we’ll make sure that you’re supported all the way, getting the backing you need and the recognition you deserve. If you connect with our vision and can get behind it, you’ll be rewarded with countless opportunities to experience new things and enhance your abilities.
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- Private medical cover for you and your family (Medicover)
- Multikafeteria system (you can choose multisport card, vouchers etc.)
- Life insurance (Generali)
- Comprehensive global and local onboarding process – to the company and to your role
- Employee-led LGBTQ+, Women’s, Black and Parents & Carers networks with annual budget for organizing events & projects that foster an open, diverse and inclusive culture
- Option to participate and create ESG initiatives based on IG Brighter Future Fund
- 2 additional days off a year for voluntary work
- 1 additional day off to celebrate your Birthday 😊
- Flexible work arrangements – we work in a hybrid working framework
- Home office equipment reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
- Online stretching sessions
- Online wellbeing weeks
- Online social events
- Summer parties
In the office
Come to work in a comfortable, state of the art office containing all the things you need to succeed. Each of us works from laptops, at agile, ergonomic workstations designed to support our roles. Our spacious, open-plan offices provide a modern, dynamic setting for you to excel. On top of current benefits employees may enjoy here:
- Free fresh fruits and coffee club
- App based parking spots booking system
- Bike parking and shower
- Games: Foosball and ping-pong table, consoles and board games
- Annual parties - summer picnic and Christmas party
- Other social events
- Work within the Quality Assurance team to test new functionality, as well as regression testing a multitude of different software applications
- Building/extending multi-level testing framework around Java services.
- New tests development in Java and maintenance of existing Test Automation
- CI environment configuration
- Interact with the Business and IT teams to ensure a suitable understanding of requirements and ensure test coverage
- Raise and manage any defects identified throughout the software development life cycle
- Contribute to the IG Group Quality Assurance strategy
- Work as part of an Agile/Scrum development team
Who you are:
- 3+ years of professional experience writing test automation using java
- Significant experience in automation of backend/middleware applications using Java programming language
- Understanding of testing methodologies and their application based on test-pyramid model
- Analytical approach to problem-solving
- Able to use necessary tools to debug problems with the software
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of software testing techniques
- Proficient Java Programming in test automation frameworks building and maintenance
- Webservice Test Automation
- Working knowledge of: - UNIX/Shell - Maven - Junit and/or TestNG - Jenkins and/or Bamboo - Jira - HTTP Protocol - RESTful API
- Good understanding of CI / CD Process Flow
- Cross-platform testing experience
- Experience of iterative/agile development methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban)
- Messaging technology Kafka and AMQ or/and JMS
- Working knowledge of: - Spring framework - XRay
- Understanding of performance and security testing principles
- Android application automation (Espresso/Compose Testing UI)
- iOS application automation (XCUItest)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Friendly and approachable manner
- “Can-do” attitude
- Self-starter and very organized
- Innovative and thinks outside the box
- Interest in Automation, QA, financial markets, trading, and a willingness to learn more about them
- Degree level education (in relevant/related subject)
You’re upbeat and enthusiastic, and you have an open mind and a curious, can-do attitude.
You, like us, understand the importance of collaboration and are driven to be the best in what you do. You embody our three core values – to champion the client, learn fast together and raise the bar.
You want to be part of a proudly carbon-neutral company that will prioritize your wellbeing and that of the world around you, helping to create a brighter future for all. A company that embraces diversity and welcomes everyone with respect, regardless of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, identification, faith or culture.
If you’re inspired by our way of working and can bring something new to our team of top-notch people, then you’ll find a home here