Who We Are
Pico provides agile and transparent technology solutions to the Financial Markets community including infrastructure hosting, network connectivity, market data, Corvil analytics, and cloud services giving your organization the freedom to move fast. As financial industry experts at the center of markets and technology, we help our clients efficiently scale their business and quickly access markets. From infrastructure to connectivity, we support our clients through the full trading lifecycle. We are a global company headquartered in New York, with offices in Chicago, London, Dublin, Madrid, Krakow, Singapore, and Tokyo.
This is an opportunity to join a world-leading engineering team working on the design and development of new features across Corvil’s entire product range. We are at a tremendously exciting stage with extensive innovative work ongoing and an exciting vision to fulfill. Corvil’s technology is used in many ways today including:
- to understand our customers’ market position in capital markets;
- to understand how our customers’ backbone network is performing;
- to debug our customers’ application performance;
- to monitor voice over IP call quality.
We need brilliant engineers to help bring this technology into new markets and new deployment models. If you want to work in a team with people at least as good as you, if you want to solve the problems encountered when analysing the firehose of network data in real time - capturing, decoding, analysing and indexing at 40Gb/s and more - then Corvil is what you are looking for.
- Third Level Computer Science or Computer Engineering Degree
- 4+ years of development experience
- A strong proficiency in C++ development under Linux is required.
- A suitable candidate should be familiar with: high-performance systems and multi-threaded application development, automated testing (unit testing, integration testing), Linux-based development environments, including tools such as gdb and valgrind
- Knowledge or experience with the following is a distinct advantage: STL, Boost, Python, experience with Continuous Integration (Jenkins), including the delivery of CI aligned test automation, financial trading protocols e.g. FIX, IP networking, packet capture analysis using tools such as Wireshark
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Think problems all the way through
- Understand how to write code that can be worked on by others
- Understand what it takes to deliver and code a high availability and high-performance system
- Are aware of the implementation details of commonly used C++ features and how to use that knowledge to help implement efficient yet maintainable code
- Are comfortable asking for help, taking advice and accepting constructive feedback.
- Can articulate the reasoning behind decisions or trade-offs
- Can follow existing patterns where required to do so
- Can invent new patterns where required to do so - and justify that invention
- Are able to solve issues seen in the field from very limited data