CAE is a high-technology company, at the leading edge of digital immersion, providing solutions to make the world a safer place. Our flight services business delivers software solutions to more than 150 airline customers.
Join the engine that is changing CAE, pointing towards the next horizon of growth through digital innovations to support our customers in their success.
- Here are a few reasons why folks love working at CAE!
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Work in a collaborative environment
- Be part of a high-performance team
- Estimate, design and develop functionality in close collaboration within the Scrum team
- Estimate, design and develop automated tests
- Maintain a complex code base, including legacy code
- Refactor existing code, use TDD techniques, and apply rules of SOLID Design principles
- Debug code and profile system performance to troubleshoot and fix functional and nonfunctional issues
- Participate in code reviews
- Write required documentation
- Demo software to internal and external customers
- Be up to date with software engineering trends and promote best practices internally
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members
- Works closely with architects on executing architecture vision
Candidates must have knowledge and experience of the following:
- 5+ years of experience in C++
- Object Oriented Design and Programming and code refactoring
- Good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SCRUM/Kanban methodology)
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills and knowledge of algorithms
- Very good interpersonal skills and focus on teamwork and growing people
- Working in global and distributed teams
- Good English communication skills, written and verbal
The following will be considered as a plus:
- Experience in Front-End Web (React)
- Experience in Kafka/ AMQ
- Knowledge of another programming language (specifically: C# or Java)
- PowerShell or another scripting language
- Knowledge of microservices architecture and patterns
- Knowledge of cloud computing
- JIRA or another bug tracking tool
Flight Plan Manager is a comprehensive flight planning solution that is used by 30+ customers including some of the largest airlines in the world. The product combines complete data support services — notice to airmen (NOTAMS), weather, airport suitability and airspace restrictions — with real-time alerts. The 4-D cost optimization functionality, route, altitude, speed and time are analyzed to create an optimal flight path that accounts for fuel costs, CO2 emissions and delays.
Trajectory Optimizer is a new project in FPM focusing on providing the optimum trajectory for the flight which benefits current capabilities of aircraft navigation systems, flight position accuracy and covers all dimensions of the flight trajectory.
Flight Plan Manager Software Engineering team is responsible for the development of new functionalities and product maintenance of a solution that can be installed by customers locally or deployed in SaaS. Software Engineering team also provides support for Delivery and Customer Care teams in troubleshooting customer issues. Here you will have a chance to grow your technical skills, while working with experienced engineers on enterprise software that provides value to travelers and airlines around the world.