Staff Software Development Engineer
Apptio is the leading technology spend and value management company for financial and operational decisions across Information Technology (IT), multi-cloud FinOps, and product development. Apptio's mission is to deliver business value with every technology investment. Powered by Apptio’s cloud platform and AI/ML data engine, Apptio’s SaaS applications translate technology spend into clear business outcomes and financial ROI. Apptio applications deliver six key capabilities: cost transparency, actionable insights, planning and forecasting, usage and consumption, value management, and showback/chargeback. As a trusted leader in FinOps and Technology Business Management (TBM) with thousands of customers worldwide, Apptio empowers leaders to cut costs and redirect investments to digital innovation.
You are an experienced software engineer who strives for excellence in the user’s experience as well as in your technical solutions. You have a curious mind and a passion for continuous improvement and leadership. You thrive in an agile and fast-paced environment.
Apptio Targetprocess is a visual platform that helps our customers adopt and scale agile across the enterprise. Customers can use SAFe, LeSS, or implement their framework to achieve business agility and see the value flow through the entire organization. We are a high-performing cross-functional team of developers, product managers, and designers. We are passionate about delivering elegant solutions to complex business problems, and we have a proven track record of delivering successful v1 applications that delight our customers.
What we want you to do as a Staff Software Development Engineer
You will work with the Apptio Targetprocess Product team to deliver impactful and valuable features bi-weekly. You will personally own end-to-end features from concept to design to production, and partner with product managers, user experience designers, and other engineers to achieve high-quality solutions.
- Previous experience in team or technical leadership
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, asynchronous architectures, object-oriented programming, and functional programming
- Demonstrated experience with best SDLC practices: coding standards, reviews, code management, build processes, and testing
- Professional experience building REST APIs
- Experience with relational databases, schema design, SQL
- Familiarity with container technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Fluent English language skills
- Experience with backend web-based Node.js and .NET Core development
- Experience developing Software as a Service (SaaS) applications and understanding the impact of this architecture in a deployment environment
- Database implementations (query optimization, index generation, caching) or NoSQL DBs a plus
- Experience developing JS, CSS, HTML sites
- Experience developing Single Page Web Applications and frameworks like React or equivalent
- We are a well-established product company, and your role will be to ensure we are still at the very top of our software categories!
- Opportunity to work with great minds on cloud-native solutions
- Clear career ladder with technical and managerial paths
- Great private health care for you and your family
- Generous life insurance
- Sport card - just in case you want to go to a gym, swimming pool, or cross-fit
- 15 first days of sick leave in each rolling 12 months - paid 100%
- Freedom to choose contract: UoP and B2B
- Employee Assistance Program is designed to help you deal with personal and professional problems that could affect your home or work life, health, and general well-being. Fully confidential, available for you and your family members.
- Flexible working hours
- Amazing office on the 9th floor of brand new Fabryczna Office will give you a space to meet your new colleagues. We work in hybrid mode - three/four days per month from the office
- Bookable parking space
- Entertainment at the office - pool table, PlayStation, and even Prosecco!
- Team and Office celebrations
- After five years of employment –additional four days of annual leave/year
- Work-life balance – we understand and support the importance of striking a healthy balance between your work and personal life