The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
About the Team
Our Engineering Visibility (EngVis) team empowers all Qualtrics teams to deliver more reliable products and reduce time-to-market to create customer-loving solutions. We aspire to become go-to experts who offer best practices and suggest initiatives that reduce the costs of observability and increase reliability. EngVis enables Qualtrics’ teams to achieve new heights in modern engineering through an emphasis on observability. We close the gap between cause and effect, providing trustworthy monitoring and alerting self-service so we all can focus on delivering outcomes that matter.
- Build and maintain our observability platform, providing reliable monitoring and alerting for all services
- Develop, maintain and operate highly available, performant, scalable, cost-effective and secure systems
- Create and maintain dashboards, alerts and visualizations to provide actionable insights for our customers
- Proactively identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues related to our applications, infrastructure, and network
- Collaborate with engineering teams and communicate technical information effectively across various teams
- Continuously improve existing systems by automation, fine-tuning and adding new features
- Analyze and suggest costs optimizations of running our current and further systems in the AWS cloud
- Programming experience in at least one languages such as: Python, Ruby, Go or Java
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues, navigate through unfamiliar code, and quickly learn new technologies
- Strong experience with the Linux operating system and its administration
- Understanding of containerization and container orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with great attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, ability to work in a team, and collaborate effectively across various teams
Nice to have
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices architectures
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following monitoring and logging tools: Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, Elastic Stack, New Relic, Datadog
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and automation tools (Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Knowledge of DevOps best practices and culture
- Experience with incident response and post-mortem analysis
- Familiarity with Chaos Engineering and Game Days
- Experience with distributed tracing systems (e.g. Jaeger, Zipkin)