Role and Responsibilities
CAE is a high technology company, at the leading edge of digital immersion, providing solutions to make the world a safer place. Our flight services business delivers software solutions to more than 150 airline customers.
Join the engine that is changing CAE, pointing towards the next horizon of growth through digital innovations to support our customers in their success.
Here are few reasons why folks love working at CAE!
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Work in a collaborative environment
- Be part of a high-performance team
- Support airline customers around the world
Airlines and business aircraft operators face pressures like few others. In a heavily regulated, competitive, ultra-visible industry, they require a suite of digital tools to efficiently plan their operations and deploy their people while optimizing their performance, compliance, and customer satisfaction. That’s where CAE Civil Flight Services comes in. With our flight operations and optimization digital solutions, CAE Civil FlightServices equips aviation professionals with the data needed to make informed decisions and take control of critical tasks, so they stay focused during regular and irregular operations, such as during adverse weather events like snowstorms. By bringing together the expertise of CAE, Merlot, RB Group and Airline Operations Portfolio solutions, CAE’s Civil Flight Services offers a comprehensive portfolio of products and a digital ecosystem to address three main markets –Commercial Aviation, Business Aviation and Crew Engagement.
- Monitoring of system health and working on raised alerts
- Provide on-call support during scheduled time windows
- Administration of MSSQL instances and databases (backups, maintenance tasks, mirroring, Availability Groups, replication, Failover Clusters, TDE)
- Profiling system performance and troubleshooting functional and nonfunctional issues
- Delivering high quality solutions
- Writing documentation for database setup, architecture and implemented changes
- Managing database security
- Database environment migrations
- Keep up to date with the latest technology trends and best practices
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Necessary skills & requirements:
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2014 and/or above)
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows Server (2012 and/or above)
- Minimum of 5 years commercial experience in SQL Server administration
- Knowledge of relational databases, T-SQL, query execution plans, solving concurrency issues and deadlocks
- Knowledge database monitoring tools (Idera DM is a plus)
- Able to understand complex application workflows
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Performance profiling
- Experience in working with global, distributed teams
- Communicative English
‘Nice to have’ skills:
- Previous experience with desktop applications and database development
- Knowledge of development process from requirements definition to delivery into production
- Knowledge of Change Management Process (SNOW)
- Experience with Oracle
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience in writing and debugging advanced PowerShell scripts
- Knowledge of source control systems (like TFS, GIT)
- Knowledge of AWS cloud solutions